Ian Thorpe isn't fit to lick vegemite off Michael Phelps' ass.

Michael who??? :smiley:

Bwahahaha… I was about to ask the same thing. I’ve never heard of that guy before…
:stuck_out_tongue:

American Republican checking in, Aussies. When I saw the thread title yesterday, I thought “shit, here’s another US bashing coming.” But it was kinda funny. And nobody took it as an insult (Yay Aussies), the koala on the BBQ was so over the top it couldn’t be taken as a serious insult. Anyway.

I can’t wait for Phelps and Thorpe to go at it. (Otto, I mean swimming) This is actually an event I will watch because of the competition between two people. Forget flags, I love seeing the stars and stripes hoisted high, but I want to see 2 people vie for the win.

[nitpick]Phelps’s not Phelps’. You only leave the s off the end if you’re referring to the ownership of a plural, say the boys’ dormitories.[/nitpick]

Anyway, while this didn’t make me laugh, since it’s hard to even smile when you realise how much of a dick your country looks like when your representative is Ian Thorpe. I can’t stand the guy.
Why couldn’t someone good actually join our Olympic team? Like, say Mikey Robbins? Dave Hughes? Carl Barron?
And why the fuck did they have Bjork singing at the Athens Olympics?

You’d rather Demis Roussos and Nana Mouskouri did a duet?

Really? I’m no swimmer, but that strikes me as a rather odd technique. What will his hands be full of? Does he lose points if he drops whatever it is?

God willing, more vegemite for re-application.

His hands are full of all the extra ego he has now but he’s no different than any other great athlete in that respect. It isn’t a criticism but how could his ego not inflate a little with all the press he has had lately?

I can’t wait for the 200 Free. It will be one hell of a race with Vandenhoogenband thrown into the mix. I’m terribly excited, I just love the olympics.

I actually hadn’t heard of him, so when I saw an online headline screaming “PHELPS TO COME TO MICHIGAN!” a few months ago, I had a heart attack. I thought they meant Fred Phelps. I had to read the article to realize what was going on.

God willing, more vegemite for re-application.

Oh, dear. CNN/SI lists the headline as Phelps captures first gold. Clearly they can see the future.

But he has got one, then again so has Thorpe.

No, but try to look surprised.

Does the name Pieter van den Hoogenband ring any bells with you anglo-centric fuckers? :slight_smile:

Oh, all right, all right. My money’s on Phelps. Kid is effin’ brilliant. Still, I hope Pieter can make it to the podium on a few occasions as well. His battle with Thorpe during the Sydney Olympics was just awesome.

That’s Anglo-centric Vegemite lickers to you, Sonny Jim!

Geez, ya can’t even spell Peter properly.

d&r

:smiley:

This Michael Phelps thing is a peeve of mine. This is reposted from another thread:

BWAHAHAHA ! Love your work, Trunk. :smiley: Bloody Yank.

Or should I say, “Gaaaarn, up yours mate! If Phelpsie can’t even figure out where to put vegemite, how the hell is he gunna figure out which direction to swim in? Thorpie will be eating vegemite soldiers while Phelps is still paddling”

Man this thread sure does bring all the Aussies out of the woodwork :wink:
OI OI OI!
Who’s up for a dopefest?

Welp, he’s getting his arse handed to him by Thorpe in the trials.

Will there be vegemite and asses? And some combination of the two?