Ian Thorpe isn't fit to lick vegemite off Michael Phelps' ass.

There may or may not be.

Well you better hope he has something extra up his speedos (besides vegemite) because Thorpe has qualified fastest for the 200 free semis tonight, our time…

I thought that was properly spelled “seppo”

If the US is going to lose a medal I’d much rather see an Aussie get it.

That said, I hope Phelps wins his 8.

Bronze in 4X100 free won’t do it. It was a dumb move in the first place to take Gary Hall Jr out. Also, Phelps qualified third for 200 free behind van den Hoogenband and Thorpe respectively.

The americans have a bit of a contraversy on their hands, apparently Mr Hall is pissed.

Wouldn’t you be? Hall qualified to be there and was replaced because… well, because of this weird Michael Phelps mania that’s sweeping the USA.

And the result; a bronze medal. Nothing to be ashamed of, but Phelps didn’t help them any.

That was really moronic of them. And the response to his first gold yesterday was on the order of “so far, everything’s on schedule” and “one down, seven to go.” What a ridiculous amount of pressure to put on the kid. Jeez.

Sure, but in Phelps’s defense, it’s not his fault that the Americans lost the gold; Ian Crocker put them in a commanding 8th place after the first leg. I don’t think putting Hall in for Phelps would have made much of a difference (looking at Hall’s times from the heats).

Oh most definately. I just don’t think you remove a veteren like that but I really don’t think it would have made a difference either way, that South African team could swim.

Eh, he did it to himself.

I indulge myself with some sibilant assonance to reply, what a sick Seppo sychophant you are to abandon your near neighbour to support a Yank upstart in order to further your cause of kissing Yank arse to maintain a profile here as a moderator. Piss-weak, mate. You dump injustice on all that is held dear by ‘the rest of the world’.

van den Hoogenboogen is the Olympic record-holder and currently holds the upper hand over Thorpie. The natural inclination is to support him, even from you, the Uncle Tom of the SDMB. Yet you demur. Sad.

The time of reckoning draws nigh. Any last bets?

My money is on Thorpie.

And the OP is essentially lacking in humour. Vegemite marinade is totally inappropriate for Koalas’ arses on the barbie.

PHELPS!
Good thing I didn’t say anything about the Puerto Rican basketball team licking anything off the Dream Team’s backside. :eek:

So, should he lose, it is agreed that the Thorpedo is going to have to concede that he is not deserving of the honour to ingest a folic acid rich yeast extract from the ass of Mr. Phelps.

The circle needs following.

Should Pieter van dan HoogenBoogen lose, I suggest he has forfeited the right to request a close encounter with Thorpy’s hairy butt hole, notwithstanding the advantage offered by mayo lubricated French Fries.

The circle needs completion.

Should the intergalactic super-ego that is his Majesty Phelps lose, I propose that he forfeits his right to realising his greatest dream, that is providing Mr. Hoogenband, the current Olympic Champion, with an orally administered Coca Cola enema.

Five hours to go. The 200m free. I can’t wait.

You better have a PB&J and a lie down in case worse comes to worst and you find your self licking vegemite off a wombats arse :smiley:

I can’t wait, it’s on at 4:45 here and I have no dog in this race! (go the orange guy though)

Yay for waking up at 2:45am (or thereabouts). Blergh. But I must see it. Go Thorpie!

Regarding the vegemite, I don’t think it’s worth wasting it on anyone’s arse!

[homer] mmmm… Vegemite on hot toast [/homer]

2:45 Burnt Sugar ? Dop I have my times fucked up? I thought it was on at 4:45 NZ time. If it is on at 2:45 there no point in going to bed here…help any one know what time its on?

Well it is on at 17.43 BST. Athens is BST + 2hrs. I don’t know how that translates into Kiwi Time, sorry.

Cool. Thank you :slight_smile:

All you need to know