I'd rather have a root canal than...

Every time I go to the dentist and need Novocain, I think of this and the DDS gets this puzzled look on his/her face wondering why I’m giggling to myself.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Always willing to help out a Doper

::Picks up metal pipe::

I had some intense mystery pain earlier this week.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=823838

I was convinced I had an abscessed tooth and I made an emergency dental appointment.

I was completely convinced that I would need a root canal to alleviate the excruciating pain. I almost started crying when he told me there was nothing wrong with my teeth and that I wouldn’t be getting a root canal that day

Mine didn’t hurt one bit. But it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences in my life, since I was so numb, the numbing agent dripped into my throat and the entire time I felt like I couldn’t swallow and had thus weird drowning feeling. I kept completely quiet and let the endodoticst do his thing, but the entire hour or so was spent in my head convincing myself that I was breathing and everything was okay. Christ that sucked. First time I had any weirdness with my teeth being done. I actually used to look forward to the novel numbing sensation otherwise.

That happened to me too. Turned out I had a sinus infection. I almost wept I was so happy.

London, or Broadway?

I would suffer thru non-stop root canals for a week from an unskilled dentist if it meant I never had to suffer another migraine.