Identify the TV show with little data, please! [Resolved]

Okay, this one is really dumb, and I apologize in advance.

The other day, I was looking through the IMDB of Geoffrey Lewis. He was in the movie “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.” The name of that show reminded me of a show my father loved that was on sometime in the late 70s/early-mid 80s.

It might have been about crime. I can’t remember anything else. My father talked about this show for years, which was incredibly unusual. He rarely watched anything but sports, news, and the Muppet Show.

Dempsey & Makepeace? Not sure if it was shown in the States, assuming you’re an American.

Tenspeed and Brown Shoe?:

Thanks for the guess. I don’t think that was it, but I appreciate the effort.

Actually, I’ve realized I can scroll through all of the TV shows in the US season by season. I think that makes more sense than anyone on here wasting time.

Sorry for not thinking of this sooner! I r dum.

Hot damn. You got it. Thank you! Did you just cruise through the TV listings (which I should have thought of first)?

No, the name just bubbled to the surface of my mind for some reason.

It should have bubbled to mine! Thank you!

Bohemian Rhapsody?

Easy come, easy go.

Duran Duran’s “Rio”?

Holy cow I thought WW was just referencing some joke show from some other comedy show. What a weird name for a serious detective show! :smiley:

Without looking, wasn’t that Jeff Goldblum?

Jeff Goldblum and Ben Vereen, IIRC.

One interesting thing about the show was that eight years after it was cancelled, the character of Tenspeed (played by Ben Vereen) was suddenly inserted into the show J. J. Starbuck in the middle of the season, but neither show made it beyond their first season.

First one I thought of, also. I was pissed when they cancelled it, as it was pretty good.

Ditto, to both.

22 minutes - off our game. Wendell could have been in the crapper though accounting for the delay.