If an NFL team had ALL it's quarterbacks injured what are it's options?

I’m not sure you understood my point. In Dime defense, for example, there is only one linebacker on the field, and that lone linebacker will usually be an OLB, not the MLB or an ILB. That’s why it doesn’t make sense to mic the MLB or an ILB; he’s not always on the field.

Also, whomever has a good view of the offense has no bearing on who gets mic’d, mainly because it makes sense to assume that the mics get shut off as the offense breaks the huddle, just like the offensive mics do.

For those few defenses where there is a MLB who is always on the field – eg: Antonio Pierce for the Giants, London Fletcher for the Redskins – then hell yeah, he gets mic’d. But if you pull your MLB off the field on third downs like most teams do, well, he better not be the guy with the radio in his helmet or you’ve planned things out very poorly.

Yeah, but if it came down to putting him or Matt Leinart on the field, it’d be a tough decision. :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe two defensive players are allowed to have radios in their helmets. The rules just don’t both mic’d helmets on the field at the same time. They’re marked with green dots for that purpose, and according to a recent Peter King column, the NFL pays somebody to watch one helmet at all times to make sure they are not both on the field simultaneously.

I think that’s more to do with injuries.

I found a USA Today article that appears to back you up.