If I knew at age 8 what I know now...

minor7flat5 wins this round of Vague Remarks Made By Siegfried!

Yeah, jjimm, I had a very unfortunate encounter with a car on that date. Since it happened when I was nine, I figure knowing at eight would give me enough of a warning.

If I knew at age 8 what I know now, I’d never have given up the career plans I had made then.

I would have kept on doing things I really liked, rather than being persuaded to take up “cooler” stuff, or spending time doing stuff so that my parents could have me show some obscure skill off to other people.

I would have tried to get along better with my younger sister. She’s a very different person from me and can be very difficult to deal with, but I’d like to have the chance to undo some of the things I did to alienate her completely. For instance, I wouldn’t throw spiders at her, if I could do it all over again.

And, of course, I’d be prepped for junior high and high school. I would have made sure to keep in mind that flunking Health in my freshman year and getting a D in typing would ruin my chances of a National Merit scholarship. If I could do it over again, I’d make sure not to torpedo my chances at 4 years of a free ride at my university (sigh.)

Or–wait a second–no. I would have simply refused to go to high school and gotten a GED instead. Then I would have gone on to my state university early and actually learned something before I turned 18.

I would have had a lot more confidence when I hit adolescence, and I would have started dating earlier.

If I knew at age 8 what I know now, I’d fear growing up * even more.*

I’d have tried to understand what he meant when my Dad asked me “who ever told you life was fair?”

It would also have been nice to know that most people don’t live happily ever after.

I’m not really bitter, but with this info I’d be less so.

I’d have worked really, really, really hard at my arithemetic lessons. By now I’d be a rocket scientist.

My mantra could have been, “Love rockets, hate math. Love airplanes, hate math. Love astronomy, hate math”. It’s pathetic, really.

Geez! I wish I still know what I knew then! :smiley:

Fagjunk Theology: Not just for sodomite propagandists anymore.

If I knew at 8 what I know now…

I really would have rocked my baby sitters world!

Hell, I think the reverse posit is much more interesting:

If I knew now what I knew at age 8…

Do it! I’d love to see those responses.