If I'm a virgin, how come I know what a girl's bottom looks like?

International Young Ones Day.

It’s a Facebook event page. You might get a Facebook homepage that asks you to login, and it’s not worth creating an account for if you don’t have one.

Thanks. I was pretty far off, but still got the idea right.

I’m still completely lost, not being familiar with the way Facebook works. This thread reads like the result of random neural firings. Can you make it seem reasonable? What does the thread title even mean?

People are just quoting lines from an 80s British sitcom and linking to videos from it. The thread title is my own contribution. The link is a Facebook meme that inspired it but really isn’t important.

The musical parts are always my favourite bits…be they Alexi Sayle singing about Doc Martens or Madness singing House of Fun while the boys walk to the pub. (The Young Ones actually introduced me to Madness, even though I never saw the show until the late 90s…although, I think it was Our House that I first saw… ‘I hope Mike comes back with the cure…’ ‘No, Neil, it’s Madness, this week.’ giggle)

Hagrid is on the show from time to time, too. As is Lemmy Kilmeister. Kinda hard to tell the difference, really…

Rick: Amazulu!
SPG: Oh, is that right? I’m a Norwegian!

Did you check Giles’s link, in post #21?

Or you could just try Googling the thread title, which would lead you to pages like this one.

Really, I imagine this thread makes about as much sense to you as those “post a random line from Monty Python” threads do to someone who’s unfamiliar with Python.

God, I actually had a crush on Rik!
I am trying to recall all the funny bits, first time I ever watched it, it hooked me with “I’m so bored, I may as well be listening to Genesis.”

oh god,
why
am I so much more sensitive than everybody else ?
why
do I feel things so much more acutely than them,
and understand so much more.
I bet I’m the first person who’s ever felt as rotten as this.
could it be
that I’m going to grow up
to be a great poet and thinker, and all those other wankers in my class
are going to have to work in factories or go on the dole?
yes, I think it could.

Did you not read my post #19?

Its a telescope with a mouse in it!

People’s Poet poems.
Another good one:

What is?

Which makes it SO different from other threads…
Actually, you may have stumbled on the answer to the question “Gee, how did they come up with all those great Young Ones sketches?”

Do you dig graves?

Neil: Yeah, man, they’re all right.

:smiley:

I can’t remember many actual lines, though, after all these years - I wouldn’t mind rewatching.

You didn’t Google the thread title. I did wonder if the thread might look random to those who don’t know the show; there was at least one other person who didn’t realise it was about a show called The Young Ones.

I’m so glad! I think they’re wonderful!

Glaswegian.

“A social conscience is like a garden shed. You try and eat it, it will stick in your throat.”

“My grandfather built that guitar entirely out of matchsticks on his deathbed!”

Rik: “I can’t believe it. My parents…are dead!”

Neil: “You think that’s bad.”

Rik: “Well yes I do actually, Neil; what’s it to you, pissface?!”

So it is. See what I get for trusting a transcript instead of re-watching the applicable bit?