If something is too good to be true..

… it probably is.

Except the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. No one should ever have to raise a child without a steady supply of these amazing little things.

My coworker always bragged about how he travels many times a year essentially for free by taking advantage of the best promotions he gets off of credit cards and resort mailing lists. I thought it sounded too good to be true but nope, he showed me a credit card offer that would get me a free trip to Hawaii for nothing. I got it and went and it worked fine. I have gotten three other free plane tickets in the past few months from other tips he gave that I haven’t even used yet but can whenever and wherever I want. He also gave me a luxury comp room at Foxwoods because he didn’t have time to use it so I went there one night after work and had a great time. I even won $800 gambling and I don’t believe in gambling much. It has all been free and completely legit.

I love these things! They scrub dead bug bits and dirt off the wall like nothing else. I kinda wonder how they work without scraping off the paint, but I’m not about to question it.

Well, actually, if something is too good to be true, then it’s always too good to be true, because if it were ever not too good to be true, then it wouldn’t be too good to be true.

I’m going to move this over to MPSIMS, since it seems to fit that just a bit better.

Hmm, the fit of this thread to MPSIMS seems a little too perfect. :dubious:

I got some the other day in preparation for our eventual clean-up and move out. The same day, I put a little scrape on my father-in-law’s truck, and was hoping this would help. Took it out of the box <actually, I got the generic version> and wondered what they did. They’re just…sponges! I had supposed they were more rubbery-like or somewhat. Wiped one, dry, across my forearm and yep, sponges!

Anyway, the box says specifically NOT to use on car paint, so that was out. And a few minutes later my forearm turned a lovely, itchy bright shade of red, so I suppose there is more to it than just a sponge. :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s to hoping they work magic on our stove top, ugh!

We had our boat out of the water this weekend, and I bought a box of the outdoor Magic Erasers. We could not believe how easy it was to clean the crud off the hull. They’re not sponges - they’re abrasive pads (which is why they say don’t use them on cars.) In a matter of a couple of hours, our 36’ sailboat no longer had black lines of crud on it. A couple more hours of waxing, and it looks great!

I’ve also used them on grubby steering wheels and the plastic trim inside my van, on painted walls, on the fridge, and probably other things I’ve forgotten. I’ve got a cruddy looking PVC table and chairs which will get attacked next - if the magic erasers can’t clean them, nothing can. And no, I don’t work for Mr. Clean.

So tell me about my Last Mr. Perfect … the International Airline Pilot lover … :mad::frowning:

So tell me about my Last Great Mr. Perfect … the International Airline Pilot … :mad::frowning:

I think you should get a box of those MrClean Magic Erasers and scrub him out of your life. :smiley:

It probably is.

Sometimes it isn’t.

Just the other day I was headed into a shoe store when a guy approached me asking me if I wanted a good deal. He had a gift card for $180 from returning shoes, and he would sell it to me for $80. I was suspicious, but he let me take it in to the store to confirm it was real and it had that balance. His return receipt was from an hour before I talked to him. I was still worried that I had been scammed somehow, but later when I went back (after Googling some shoe models) I bought a pair of sneakers and some socks, and the gift card worked. I’m not sure I want to buy another pair of shoes now, or just keep the card with its remaning balance for my future shoe needs.

The magic erasers are like a really really really really fine grain of sandpaper. I think.

I wouldn’t expect it to hurt your skin unless you have super-sensitive arms or something, though. I held it in my hands and scrubbed for about 30 minutes, and didn’t have any problems.

Weird! Maybe someone gave him the gift card and he needed cash for something else Right Now™. He could probably have gotten more if he sold it online at one of those gift card trading websites.

Basically, yeah. They have microabrasive surfaces so that’s why they say to test in a hidden area, not use on car paint (because it has a clear coat), etc.

That’s good to know, 'cause I wondering if I should wear gloves when I use it. I definitely do NOT have sensitive skin, but the instructions say to wet it before use, so I thought maybe it was a sponge but with some magic chemical in it. Like, 409. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought it was a sponge impregnated with Mr. Clean. (hehe that sounds naughty!)

I’ve got sensitive skin and never have to use gloves with it. I just used a generic one from the Dollar Store this weekend and still no problems.

It does take off paint, at least at my house. I always end up with a film on the sponge the color of the wall I just wiped. You definitely need to wet it. It’s not magic w/o water.

The magic erasers are made of melamine resin (Melamine foam - Wikipedia), a plastic commonly used to make plates and crockery. Not sure how common it is in the US, but most non-disposable plastic crockery I see is made of melamine. It’s not microwave safe.

How cool! I learned my thing for the day :smiley: