If you became famous, Do you think you'd forget about the SDMB?

See, what I am thinking, is that in thirty years or so after I’ve been elected, I’ll take the 30 seconds of free time that I’ll have every night if I’m lucky, and anonymously figure out national policy in GD and IMHO. And probably the Pit, because that’s just how those things go.

Should I become even more famous than I already am, I will have a member of my entourage record my bon mots and ribald jests while I’m dining at Lutece with other famous people, and post them to the Dope and other message boards under my name. I’ll have them memo me the replies to my posts, but only the fawning ones and the witty ones that won’t deflate my enormous ego.

Wait… I’m already ;… never mind …

Well, if I were famous it would follow I would also be rich. This would afford me the opportunity to work on a little project I had in mind - to use my abilities to fight those who would oppress and destroy our city. IMO, people need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, but I can’t do that as Leviosaurus. As a man of flesh and blood I can be ignored, be destroyed, but as a symbol… as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting. Something elemental, something terrifying. I’m thinking of calling myself… “The Lemur”.

I would, of course, require the assistance of the SDMB to advise me on aquisition of the necessary technology, training, and to analyze my blood to isolate the receptor compounds of any weaponized hallucinogens I might be exposed to. Oh, and I’ll also need some fashion advice, 'cause I’m an idiot about that kind of thing. Is anybody around here an image consultant? Hello?

Depends what I am famous for?

If my fame was accompanied with riches and free time I might actually spend less time here, because I would be travelling and playing golf and snorkeling off the barrier reef and screw you guys!

In the very unlikely event I become famous I might stop posting here out of respect for you guys, who don’t need a bunch of National Enquirer types trolling for fodder through the SDMB.

The Lemur, eh? Got a nice ring to it - ha! I make joke! But seriously, (well, as serious as a discussion about a man dressed up as a marsupial can be), I can just picture your costume - big bug eyes which have all kinds of sensing devices in them to display on your HUD, a long, fluffy tail, and gloves with big sticky pads for climbing. Oh, yeah, baby.