If you became famous, Do you think you'd forget about the SDMB?

If this fame came with ginormous wealth, I’d throw the DopeFest to end all DopeFests.

:cool:

I’d still post here but I’d probably get banned. What, with all the gloating and all.

Smeghead was honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d still post here, as long as I had the time. I don’t think I’d mention who I really was though.

I’d like to think I’d hang around just to get a dose of reality, such as it exists here. Goodness knows if any site could keep a body grounded, it would be this one.

I’d like to think I’d become famous in such a way I still have time on my hands and don’t give a rat’s ass about being all socially responsible.

Let’s say I invent easy, affordable cold fusion anyone can use in their homes. I become ridiculously rich & famous & I’m all, “yeah, I’m that levdrakon on the SDMB, so what if I’ve talked about my goat fetish & anal warts? You want fusion?? Screw you. Any of you stalkers wanna bug me the moderators there’ll ban your ass faster’n a frog can lick a fly’s ass.”

Of course, if my presence here really did present a problem for the moderators, I’d change my screename or leave.

I’d prefer to remain anonymous, of course. Everyone needs someplace they can hangout & be a geeky asshole without it showing up on CNN.

Word.

As mentioned by others, in my case it would depend on how much of a FT job would fame and fortune be. Oh, I’d definitely let out on interviews, etc. that I am a longtime fan of Cecil Adams, and maybe give an exclusive/scoop or two to the Chicago Reader and the City Paper, but essentially only those in here and/or in a.f.c.a who were paying close attention would notice this JRD sounds suspiciously like the JRD who’s in the Times for brokering a major technology-exchange agreement, and in the Star for alleged lewd public conduct with Tyra Banks :stuck_out_tongue: I would neither confirm nor deny.

The dichotomy of my duplicity would demand it.

Can we please get back to the important point of the OP? Namely:

Good question. How fast can a frog lick a fly’s ass?

I mean, I don’t think I would completely leave here. I’d come here and post about what a complete pain in the ass fame is, I suspect.

I’d deny being the famous person. “No, that’s someone else with the same name…” :cool:

I’d still come here as often as my schedule would allow and probably wouldn’t say anything about who I was. Of course, people would probably figure it out with all the “F&#! You, National Enquirer!” and “Legendary Director, My Ass! How about showing actors some freakin’ respect?!” pit threads that start popping up.

Yeah, I’d still come here. Definitely. Even if I were wildly rich and famous, I’d still have a desire to spend time alone with the computer. It’s relaxing.

And it wouldn’t surprise me one bit to find out that we have some major celebrities among the teeming millions. Even A-listers must get curious about candiru fish and whether people look at their poop before they flush.

Inkleberry, I hate to even admit this, but I was afraid for a second that your spoiler box was going to say

Isadora Duncan

:stuck_out_tongue:

And as DMark points out, we can’t really be positive that there’s no one famous who at least lurks at the SDMB, even if they don’t actually post…

In the not-too-distant future, I fully intend to start an Ask The POTUS thread.

If it meant I could afford an internet connection & a decent computer at home, I’d probably spend more time on the SDMB.

I’ll have my people post to your people. Maybe we can do lunch.

I’d keep my identity secret, start threads bad-mouthing me, and see who jumped on the bandwagon.

It’d be like a cloak of invisibility.

Hmmm…pretty good idea there, Happy.

On a completely unrelated note, that Danny Moder sure is a fricking tool, isn’t he?

‘Tool’ doesn’t begiiin to describe him. And you know what I heard? He’s not the real father. Only born with half a testicle, ya know. And it’s shriveled. No way he coulda knocked Julia up. Plus? I heard he’s bi and is sleeping with Tom Cruise. Julia and Katie are, like, best friends, and worked this whole thing out. He’s not even a good cameraman. He’s only gotten all those jobs because he’s slept with half of Hollywood and all of the SAG bosses…
:smiley: