If you die, will we know it?

Thank you. But I wasn’t trying to get people to say they’d miss me! I honestly thought about it, and thought - why would anyone care? I like this place a lot, as is evident by my post counts, and I like a lot of people here, but I do realize it’s a message board and there’s only so much you can care for someone who’s just pixels on a screen.

I guess people whom we’d actually met might wonder a litlte though.

How will you know if I’m dead? If, after the explosion, you don’t find an object that everyone knows I always wear (like the wedding ring). That’ll mean I’m really dead.

Oh, wait…

Sister or wife might mention it eventually. Maybe not the wife, I think she’s still pissed that the last time she mentioned a death it was moved to MPSIMS… The “mundane” part, you see.

My wife would post to inform everybody. She thinks I spend way too much time here, so she knows you people are important enough to me to be informed.

No worries; when I kick off, I’m sure I’ll be starting a Pit thread about it.

Your wife thinks you spend too much time here, so does mine. I can’t imagine why they think that about us. It keeps us hooligans of the streets after all.

Jim

My brother and I are such dorks that we both spend a LOT of time on our respective boards (me here, him on a Dream Theater board) and we discuss the boards a lot like they were just another friend. As in “someone on the board said something funny today…”

Anyway, we both just agreed that if one of us were to meet our demise suddenly, the other would let it be known on the dead sibling’s board.

So, yes…you would know if I died, because I would make sure that someone told you. Why? Well…why not? :slight_smile: It would be really awesome too if I became some sort of Internet Legend because the people here thought my brother was playing games and maybe I didn’t exist in the first place and everyone got up in arms.

If BOTH my brother and I die then no, no one would ever know I was gone.

When 70 percent of the Earth’s population succumbs to the impending radioactive zombie uprising, I can guarantee that whether or not I survived will be one of the furthest things from your mind.

If I do make it, though, I’ll post to the board. Mostly just to see if Liberal is still bellyaching about trivial stuff. If I don’t make it, I hope y’all will be understanding when I come for your tasty brains.

No, beacause I’ll find a way to keep posting…
from beyoooooooond the graaaaaaaaave!

Hmmm…if I die locally, then there’s a slim chance Eonwe might read the obituaries in the local paper and post about it, cause I’m fairly certain he knows my real name. But that’s the only scenario I can think of where the Boards would know.

So is there a heaven or what.

We need to know just to be on the safe side yunnerstand

If I died and Maeglin didn’t post a garment rending, gnashing of teeth eulogy, I’d kill him.

zyzzyva might think to post something, even though I don’t know most of you anymore.

I would vanish from this board and this world with barely a ripple. Live alone, no SO, family far away or dead.

Add me to the gone and forgotten list.

I plan to be around for at least another decade, by then this Internet fad will have run its course. :wink:

Well, I have a few very good friends here, so I’d imagine they’d post. Even without them, I can think of a few other non-Doper friends who would probably know to post something here.

Would you know it if I died? Probably not. If I quit posting, well, I might be missed, but nobody would know the reason.

sigh

That reminds me, I should rewrite my will. The kids are all grown and don’t need guardians.

I gave my best friend AND my sister explicit instructions to let people know via MySpace if I die. I have several Dopers on my MySpace page, so I’m sure it would find it’s way back.

I expect eulogies, you can make stuff up if you need to.

You would never know.

I hope I die locally. That way I won’t have to press any numbers to get out.