"If you ignore the Evilness, it's hilarious."

Gotta second this. From his looks and wardrobe to the claims that North Korea has launched a satellite broadcasting patriotic hymns to the entire history of the Ryugyong Hotel, Kim Jong-il is hillarious.

His whole life sounds like it belongs in a comedy movie. Even his hobbies are bizzare. He loves Rambo, James Bond, and anything with Elizabeth Taylor. He regularly plays golf and claims to average 3-4 holes in one per game. He’s been constantly working on his own movie script, “Diary of a Girl Student”.

I have enjoyed watching film of Soviet Katyusha rocket launchers drenching Nazi positions with high explosive, and seeing the occasional helmet fly up with the enormous geysers of dirt and smoke. But in real life, neither nation-state was “the good guys,” and the industrial-scale killing would be sickening and pointless.

But the Nazis were getting spanked…

The problem with The Turner Diaries is getting ahold of a copy without contributing to their success.

[quote=“Maiira, post:8, topic:552952”]

Fred Phelps had a newscast-type video that someone put up on YouTube in the comedy section where the main message was “the earth is TOAST.”

After he said this, a picture of toast appeared in the corner of the screen.

My friends and I all busted out laughing.

We also refer to table salt in restaurants as “Lot’s Wife,” because of that same video. There was a bit where Phelpsie recalled how Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt after befriending and pitying teh gheyz.

[QUOTE]

When I’m not at work, I’m going to have to look that up…That’s like the apocalypse meets Denny’s. If only Phelpsie had figured out how to work in coffee-
GOD SHALL MAKE THE STARS BLACK!
And then maybe some scrambled eggs-
AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS SHALL BE THROWN INTO CONFUSION
And a grapefruit juice, maybe?
THEY SHALL DRINK OF IT IN FULL, AND IT SHALL BE BITTER.
:D:D:D

This thread.

If we’re doing this, we’ll have to go through and officially Laugh At a shit-ton of works from the 1960s and before. I have a collection of Heinlein’s fantasy and there are some laughable ‘born in 1907’ lines in “Magic, Inc.” which is otherwise a very good story.

The artist’s rendition of the “black guy who kidnapped Susan Smith’s kids.” “Falling Down,” especially the Whammy Burger scene.

:smiley:

Unfortunately, I know not the title of this thing, and from what I remember it’s like ten minutes long, so you’ll probably have to listen to a bunch of unfunny blathering before you get to the good stuff. Still pretty entertaining, though.

Wouldn’t your local library have a copy? If you’re embarassed (I know I would be), just tell them you’re reading it for a class or something like that.

“This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel.” -Horace Walpole (1717-97)

I actually requested it (years before the Oklahoma Federal bombing) thru ILL- yep, my name’s on a government list somewhere.

Another source of bizarre amusement is in the packaging of The Turner Diaries. There are a foreword & an afterword from around the year 2100 which frames this primary-source document from the Great Race War of the 1990s. One line in the Epilog is how White victory was assured by the year 1999 “110 years after the birth of the Great One”- I checked out the hunch & yep, Hitler was born in 1889. Also, the text makes a reference to Uganda- a footnote explains “Uganda was a political subdivision of the African continent when that continent was inhabited by the Black Race”… yeah “WAS inhabited”. Yikes!

Oh…

http://www.solargeneral.com/library/turner-diaries.pdf

Y’all can thank me later.

This world is a tragedy to those who skim the thread, and a comedy to those who read post #3.

:smiley:

I still like my version better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I re-read that chapter yesterday as it contained the Uganda reference & man, it lingered with me & bugged me all through work last night. Not because it was “excitable gleeful” but because of a straight-faced serious earnestness that pervaded the account of the executions. It wasn’t “oh, we killed blacks! And Jews! And Asians and Latinos! And race-traitor Whites! Happy Happy Joy Joy!” but “well, we exterminated the parasites in grisly detail and for such & such reasons. All in all, it was a dirty job that needed to be done, and now for a good night’s rest.”