If you use Facebook, how do you handle happy birthday wishes?

After a certain age, no one should care about birthdays. That age is 13.

Liking each one is a pain, as I’m not on often enough to see them as they come in. So I just do the generic thanks post. If someone I haven’t heard from in a long time says something, I may go ahead and thank them directly and ask how they are doing. My thoughts are that, either they also see it as a time to catch up, or they learn not to leave generic birthday greetings if they don’t want to talk with me. It’s win-win.

I’ve noticed a bit of a pattern amongst those who wish “Happy Birthday” to others via Facebook; it tends to always be the same people doing it, no matter whose birthday it is. Some of my bday wishes are the only way I remember I’m FB friends with certain folk. And these folk do the “Happy Birthday____” thing compulsively. Say they have 500 FB friends, well each and every one of those five hundred people will be getting a “Happy Birthday____!” W-T-F. I never even thought to take my birthdate off my profile. Genius. THEN the birthday wishes will be well-received! :stuck_out_tongue: