If you were a tree ...

Thanks for the link Darwin, my friend.

Though I was pretty clear to say, “ONE OF the longest living tress…”

Not, “THE long living trees…”

It’s funny you post that link, since I actually live in california, and I’m surrounded by Redwoods. Still, I like the Avocado better, expecially with the ability to bear fruit well into the latter years. Perhaps, I’m just looking to be different.

But thanks for the link, it’s still very much appreciated. Don’t want a war over semantics. Not over a tree. Hah!

Jet Black

I’d be any type of deciduous tree, as long as I could watch over my psychotic neighbor’s precious lawn. Just as he went inside after picking up every last remnant of leaf or pine needle I’d sneeze and spew my leafy litter all over his grass. :slight_smile:

Madrone, the Aspen of the Guadalupes.

Well, this did pique my interest, so I surfed a bit. Here’s what I found for my beloved Avocado:

Yep, cool…so my tree has a bit of history.

Now we’re talking!! Nothing better than being known for your big balls! Hah!

Sexual stimulant from the testical tree? C’mon, what guy in his right mind wouldn’t want to be this tree? Hah!

Damnit!! I swear, those religious zealots always screwing things up!! Imagine the slaughter of all those testical trees, cut down in the prime of their lives…because of hte sexual immaturity of the church!

Hmmmm…I know a couple of women who said mine tasted good. I mean, er…my avocados, that is.

Fun with tree facts.

Jet Black

A shoe tree.

When you come into your closet at night, you’ll bark your shin on me.

Oops…I know I can spell testicle, I just know I can!!! What the hell happened??

Well, they still taste good, so I hear. My Avocados, that is.

Jet Black

Didn’t mean any insult, honest! I just thought the 400 year / 4,000 year difference…amusing. Or something.

I’m not dissin’ your tree, though :slight_smile:

Obviously, I’ll be a Seqouia

Darwin, I caught that. And you’re right, the obvious multiplier of years was a pretty good contrast.

Old age has it’s promises. But as said in the film, “Blade Runner”:

(or something like that…which I’m sure was referenced from somewhere else…“Metamorphoses”??)

Oops, sorry to hi-jack. Darwin, and I, are just having too much fun, it seems.

Jet Black

I would be a pommegranite tree.

I’d be some kind of fruit tree.
I just know I would.
No matter how much I would beg to be some other kind of tree, no one would pay any attention to me.
They would just make me a fruit tree whether I liked it or not.
Not that I have anything against fruit. In fact, I absolutely love fruit, but enough people accuse me of being fruity without me having to advertise the fact.

Children, beware the baobab…

I would like to be an oak tree.

I’d be a banyan. Now THAT’S a tree.

A Fremont Cottonwood.

I’d hang out by a little river in a desert canyon and have Vermillion Flycatchers sit on me.

:cool:

Bonsai… cause they ain’t straight either

Maybe the Lone Cypress Tree in Monterey, California, USA.

<obnoxious junior high schooler>
A CHERRY tree.

Hee hee hee.
</obnoxious junior high schooler>

I’d be a black locust tree. They have pretty flowers, they smell nice, and bees make some great honey from them. Their leaves are also almost impossible to rake up, and get tracked into the house easily :smiley:

A Palm tree…

I like warm weather.

I would be a Hardy Phuck Yew as so many seem to enjoy giving this tree to others. It embodies the spirit of kindness and generosity that just warms my heart.