If you were a tree ...

… what kind of tree would you be?

I’d be yew.

I bet yew wood.

I’d be a bristlecone pine, myself.

Possibly a White Oak (Quercus albans)

Or maybe a nice gnarled Juniper on a mesa top.

I’d want to be a willow tree, but I imagine I’d probably be a pecan tree since I’m so nuts.

A pussy willow. :smiley:

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee…

Yeah, it’s time for bed.

-Loopus

The larch.

Knowing my luck, I’d be every dog’s favorite.

Avocado tree.

One of the longest living trees in the world. There’s a 400 year-old Avocado tree in Mexico right now. And it still yeilds fruit.

I’m growing one now, in my front yard. I started it as a seed (got it from Chevy’s restuarant - it was a campaign to prove their avocado dip was fresh - they’ll give you the seed!). The seed came in a little baggie with instructions. So I tried it out.

That was six years ago. The tree is near the roof of the house now. Amazing. I feel like a parent. I can’t wait for birds to start living in it. I have to admit, there’s a great sense of satisfaction - of giving back to the planet - when you’re caring for a tree.

Jet Black

Ash.

Call me Yggdrasil.

I’d be a Scots Pine. I’d have a tall bare trunk with beautiful red-brown bark, and I’d have clusters of long bluish green needles.

I’d be a coconut palm. Cause then i’d get to live near tropical beaches, and be one of the most useful pan-tropical plants. Plus my minions…i mean children would spread like weeds to any beach amenable enough to support us :).

I’d be a baobab.

I’d either be a redwood or a strangler vine.

[hijack]You know, I remember as a little kid being scared to death when I found out that baobabs were real, because I fully believed that they would grow and grow and grow until they eventually tore the planet apart just like in The Little Prince.[/hijack]

Anyway. Right now, I’d be a live oak full of Spanish moss. Ah, I miss Louisiana…

I’d be a white oak.

Ways in which I’m Similar to a White Oak
[ul]
[li]Indigenous to central Illinois.[/li][li]Large.[/li][li]Take a long time to mature.[/li][/ul]

I’d be a Maple Tree because much like a Maple, I ooze fluid when you stab me with a spigot.

A money tree of course–that’s what my parents were. Or at least that’s what they told me. I think. confused look

Scoff :smiley:

Wet! Oh wait, this isn’t the masturbation thread.

A redwood.

Just cuz I like 'em so much.