If you're going to bring your Flu-ridden child into my store...(mild rant)

[QUOTE=PunditLisa]
I don’t know but she did it. It was “walking pneumonia” whatever that is. And she wasn’t sent home because, as pitiful as she looked, she was no longer running a fever.
[/QUOTE]

Walking pneumonia is sometimes called atypical pneumonia and the symptoms are basically cold and flu like. I had it as a child and went to school for a couple of weeks with it, because it was no worse than a cold. It just went on too long, which is why my mother took me to the doc. The treatment is antibiotics and I think I went back to school the next day, though I am not certain, it was some time ago. But it didn’t require bed rest.

This doesn’t make her a great mom, of course. But walking pneumonia isn’t necessarily all that bad.

Offered without comment, a routine by the late comic Bill Hicks:

[QUOTE=stegon66]
Hey, I’d love to! But you know that measly 20 hours of sick pay we full-timers-with-benefits get? Well we don’t get it anymore. The cheap cocksuckers who run this company did away with it. :mad:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, be mad as much as you like, but the sad reality is that sometimes there are things you have to suck up, and having sick kids or being sick yourself means you should not be at work.

Deal with it, stop infecting others, or get a job that pays you for sick days off.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=stegon66]
Hit the submit button too fast.

Yep, no more sick pay and most of us can’t afford to miss much work. :frowning:
[/QUOTE]

Think about it-- if you’re sick and you go out and get more sick, then you might have to go to the doctor, or the hospital, and miss even more work. Who are you helping by going to work and compounding the problem?

If you have a fever, or are barfing, or have a serious cough, I think you owe it to yourself and the word to stay home and get better.