If you're going to cross dress, at least do it right

You all just don’t understand. Wizards have trouble understanding muggle attire, and they often get it wrong.

Well, if you were in Adelaide< I would have thought you’d be talking about Johnny, who’s a city icon over here and has his own fan website.
Then I realised he was wearing stilettos, not white rubber boots, and had makeup on. Maybe they can exchange fashion tips… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thinking of you walking down there nofdding hello to everyone you see brings to mind that scene from Crocodile Dundee when he first walks down a sidewalk in NYC.

(P.S. - Have a #1 and #2 at Primanti’s for me, please. It’s been over a year since I was there last.)

I must say, I enjoyed the pictures of Adelaide’s Johnny very much!

That man somehow makes me extraordinarily happy to see. He’s like a pink nugget of joy.

I do this sometimes, but not to as large of a degree. I really like the juxtaposition of masculine and feminine, and even though I have short hair and a goatee (used to be a beard), I will wear skirts and heels and women’s shirts (sometimes all together or mixed in with other things from my wardrobe). Makeup is rarely worn, and I don’t like blinding small children and the elderly, so I don’t wear bikinis. I also am one of those “friendly” people, who will acknowledge people with a nod, at the least.

(Funny story alert! I wore a beautiful lavender shirt and black tweed skirt to class one day this summer, and there were band camp kids everywhere, just like there always are, every summer. One of the parents saw me, and alerted one of the band camp counselors (one of my friends with whom I also work at Wal-Mart), and told him to “keep him away from my kid!” He laughed, and assured her that I was “harmless,” and went on his way.)

Your curious person reminds me of a not-quite-all-there gentleman who was repeatedly thrown out of the local wavepool for wearing nothing but Hanes Her Way women’s cotton bikini underwear as his chosen swimming attire.
At least he was at a pool, though. I can’t think of anywhere to swim in the Strip. Maybe he was headed to/from the river.

Yeah, but it’s a bit of CYA before anyone starts lecturing about me laughing at him.

:wink:

I ran into a similar person two weeks ago while riding the buses in Tacoma. The guy had a full beard, male dress shirt, and tie. He also wore a skirt and those purple-and-black striped long socks goth girls often wear. I got off a block before the main bus center, not because I objected to his outfit but because I feared other people might confront him and I don’t like troubled situations.