If you've enjoyed Iraq, you'll love Iran

Wow… my typing is crap tonight. Sorry. :smack:

Yeah, but can President Bush authorize a draft all on his lonesome. If he can’t, then there are a whole bunch o’ congress critters that love their jobs very much.

Drafts are lousy for job security.

And herein lies the crux of our problem, in that Dear Leader has a perspective that is, shall we say, somewhat at odds with not being simultaneously batshit crazy and dumber than dust bunnies.

But that’s okay, the American People have now ratified batshit craziness and made dustbunnies a mandatory part of the curriculum.

There should have been war with Iran twenty years ago. Damn Carter for leaving the Shah to hang. But now is not the time. We really can’t afford a third front.

See?

I am getting a no permission to see your pic Jin.

Also, when did you become a charter member? I thought you didn’t stay with the change over, or am I confusing you with someone else?

I got a bit of extra money for this past Xmas so I paid the subscription, though I’m still undecided if I’m going to renew it or not after a year, guess I’ll just wait and see.

You can just go to the webcomic link in my sig, it’s the comic on the front page right now. I had to recently disable hotlinking to my images to help cut back on my bandwidth. My comics were getting posted on peoples’ blogs all over the place and it was starting to noticably impact my bandwidth usage too much, I’m not going to pay overages on my hosting for that. I guess that’s why you got a red X. Cutting and pasting the img URL will probably work too. sorry. :frowning:

He smack talked N. Korea in the very same speech. Surely you don’t expect us to pay the bouffant one a visit anytime soon? I’m firmly even the even they wouldn’t be that dumb camp. Unless the 'pubbies have a serious electoral death wish. That said, if Iraq had gone to plan (Mission Accomplished, Insurgency defeated in a few months et all) I’ve little doubt they’d have gone looking elsewhere.

I’m firmly in the :smack:

It’s one of those sites that restrict clickable links. Copy the link, go to your home page, paste the link, and hit return to see the pic.

Right, because the Shah was such an upstanding guy. He loved America all right, since we were nice enough to overthrow an elected president to get him installed. But he treated his own people like shit - ever heard of SAVAK? The Islamic Revolution is a textbook perfect case of blowback.

[Paragraph ranting about Iran-Contra and how Reagan should have been impeached deleted for anger and incoherence.]

Yes, the United States has had so much success in getting Iran to do what we want, we should definitely invade them! Yup, this can only end well.

I’m tempted to start a Bricker like betting pool on this. Anyone interested in some kind of wager based on whether or not we invade Iran within President Bush’s current term?

Damn Eisenhower and co for reinstalling him when they threw him out the first time. The Shah was a bastard and we were fucking out of our minds for supporting him.

Fuck this, shit, may I leave the planet? Cuz I don’t like it here no more.

I’ll take that bet, but only on the condition that we can make it in Euros instead of dollars. Because if you do invade, I’d like my winnings in a currency with a higher value than the current Iraqi dinar.

I believe Bricker-style betting pools used booze instead of money. :wink:

Oh, I’m sorry, you said Bricker style. My mistake. So French wines aren’t accepted as currency?

Oh, but this will be a draft for the Soldiers of Christ to fight the Infidel Pigfuckers. It will be a Glorious Crusade to stamp out every source of terror except the Saud Family, because actually cutting off the terrorists’ money supply would cut this adventure short.

If you don’t vote for this draft, you’re a Liberal Atheistic Muslim Terrorist who Hates America and FOX News (Fair and Balanced; They Report, You Decide) will not let anyone forget it.

Hello all! Is there anybody out there like me thinking good ol’ W is doing all this in a effort to jump-start The Apocolypse. I mean, considering what the Christian fundamentalist types he seems so beholden to believe…

Actually, what you’re having trouble with is keeping track of the whacky folks making predictions about “who’s next after Iraq” and “the draft is nigh”.

I offered to bet anyone on both of those issues mulitiple times in various GD threads. No takers yet. Anyone here interested?

Congress is not going to authorize another mideast war and it is not going to authorize the draft. But if you want to work yourselves up into a tizzy, knock yourselves out.

Only three letters are needed to justify Iran.

W-M-D.

And mention something about terrorists.