Illinois License Plate Questiob

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe with truck plates. My daughter has a Honda. She is going to buy a new car and use my Santa Fe as the trade-in, and I will take the Honda. She wants to put her plates on the new car, though, and I will have to get car plates (I guess) for the Honda. My car is in my name and hers is in hers.

I am sure there is an easy way to do this, but I am trying to figure out what it is. Can anyone help?

And as soon as I pressed Save I saw that the word question was spelled incorrectly. Sorry.

Here’s a good place to start:

Just take your papers to DMV and do what you’re told. They know the drill. If you’re unlucky, Illinois is a state where sales tax will have to be paid on the transfer of the Honda from her to you, at assessed valuation. If you’re lucky, there is a form you can fill out to request a tax waiver if the two parties involved are immediate family. It might be best to claim that she sold you the car for one dollar. Whether the plates stay on the car when ownership changes is variable by state, but doesn’t really matter as a practical matter.

Thanks. I live in a small town and she doesn’t, so I think I will take them to mine where the wait won’t be as long.