I'm About to Be Unemployed

After the company I worked for “withdrew from certain markets”, I had a lot of free time on my hands.

I can highly recommend doing absolutely nothing. It really is all you think it can be. Waking up at 2:00 pm, calling your friends who still have to work and mocking them, surfing the web for way too many hours, sitting around in your boxers all day, it really is the life!

If you start to run out of money, don’t worry about it. Sooner or later that nice bank will mail you a check for $4500. That 21% you see on there? That just means only 21% of the people got this check, so you’re special.

CP… Don’t worry about it. Something will come up. I’m sending good vibes your way! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure I get the reference, but if it’s anything like the gigolo gig, I’m in.

Why? What’s in Columbia?

d&r

Ha. You can’t make me tell you everything.

I really think you should take up Kaber tossing. I hear it’s easy.

I think you should become a professional gate-crasher. Basically, try to sneak into Busch Stadium as many times as you can to see the Cards without paying for a ticket.

Then write a book about it.

You’ll make millions and have the best of both worlds. Time off AND money.

Crunchy Frog, Sweetie, why don’t you go to your local library and check out a whole bunch of books you’ve been wanting to read for a long time now. Then find a nice spot in the park or at your house or somewhere, get yourself your favorite drink, and just have a blast reading? :smiley: [sigh] What a wonderful life that would be.

Or you could volunteer your time with some youth organization or some other kind of organization like adult literacy programs.

Or you could write the great American novel.

Or take a class at your local community college and learn a trade/hobby like carpentry or something.

Or you could take a short trip somewhere you’ve never been. Just hop in the car or buy a bus ticket or something and get a change of pace for a few days.

Gosh, there’s so much stuff out there to do. Whatever you decide to do, have fun, Sugar. :slight_smile:

Crunchy Frog my local neighborhood market is in need of a new really weird man to stand out in front and say “hey bud, how’s about buying me a pack of smokes or some beer while you’re in there.” It’s been two weeks now since we had one, so I know the position could be yours for the asking. Seriously, it ain’t the same without him. Just a suggested job possibility is all I’m saying.