I'm at work.... Why are you here tonight

I’m at home because it’s the flat-out best place to be.
Beats last year, the big yoo-hoo millenium breakdown when I sat by myself in a public building, waiting for Life As We Know It to end.
Big suprise: nothing happened. On the scale of whoop-de-doo celebrations, it ranked right down there with watching paint dry.

New Years isn’t a big deal for me, though dpr and wyldelf’s accounts of ball dress make me wistful. It’d be fun to dress to the nines and make do it up right, but somehow I always end up at home.

Quiet, warm, sleepy and grateful will do it for me.

So wearied by the glamorous rock & roll lifestyle,
Veb

I just don’t get into this holiday. It’s cold, so I don’t feel like going downtown to the peach drop(Atlanta’s version of the Times Square Ball). I stayed home, watched a video, and played a silly computer game[sub]ok, it was the Sims[/sub].

I’m thinking about going to bed in a few minutes, and not even staying up until midnight. After all, the sooner next year comes for me the better. It has got to be better than the one that’s ending.

1. Because my connection is so much faster than usual.
  2. Amateur night.
  3. Because the kiddies need adult supervision, but not TOO MUCH.
  4. Because I always thought of it as a made-up holiday.
  5. Because Wife is helping out at the homeless shelter from 3 to 7 and is asleep already.

IMHO, there is nothing silly about The Sims…
[sub]ok…I need to get out more[/sub]

1. I couldn’t go to the huge street party two towns over for various reasons.
  2. My friend’s house party was lame and I was getting a headache from listening to rap-metal, so I left.
  3. The cool-looking party I passed on the way home turned out to be public, but 18 and over, so I missed my chance by five days.
  4. I’m home, so where else am I gonna be but here?

So it’s about to go “click” on our east coasters (another hour yet for the center of the universe - Texas - :wink: ).

How ya doin’, blur?

I do agree with everyone who said this is amataur night. Normally we don’t go out to the bars or big parties, but we do get together with some of our friends at someones house, make a dinner, and bring in the new year with them. There are usually only about 10-12 people. Oh well, there is always next year.

Oohh, oooh, oooh!

East Coast here!

1 minute according to T.V.

I’m at work so this isn’t that cool but…
Happy New Year!!!

beatle, you realize the “real” new year is on the east coast, right. Hey, happy new year everyone. It just turned midnight here.

Happy New Year, pal! I’m still an hour out. We’ll just deal with whatever year we get, “real” or not.

Thanks beatle. Same to you.

I would just like to say that according to the TV, my post was made at exactly midnight! The SDMB clock is slow! (Or maybe it just skipped 12:00 in general–I haven’t seen a post on 12:00 yet…)

Well… I could have gone to the downtown celebrations but I told my aunt I would rather go by myself. I’ve been in a weird mood lately and want to be left alone by the general populace irl. Dad and his g/f took me to see CastAway (Very cool movie btw. Nearly cried about Wilson…;)) And they wanted to go out for supper but I was stuffed cuz I already had supper then the popcorn at the theater so here I am… There is still time for me to go downtown if I felt like it but I’m comfy now and don’t want to move.

I was visiting some friends, but my effing migraine came back so I had to come home to take some drugs. So now I am here and sort of in chat, but am going to bed soon.

New Years Eve was last night for me, and I went to a party which lead to me, uh…losing my virginity [yay for me].

Congratulations, I guess! Is that a good thing for you? (You just didn’t seem all that excited so I thought I’d ask!)

I decided not to go to the party we were going to go to… just didn’t feel like dodging drunk drivers tonight. Instead we went outside and lit sparklers and various other fireworks, then came back inside and went back to playing EverQuest.

[hijack]
Opal, what server are you on?
[/hijack]

Happy New Year everyone {{{{SDMB}}}}}

Gonna have to hijack as well, since this is the first time I’ve seen this game mentioned on these boards (I think).
Xegony here, high level cleric.

I believe SqrlCub plays. Think DC mentioned it…