I'm broigled

And I’m too fregmool to use a real word.

(If you must know, I’m bored[sup]1[/sup] and depressed[sup]2[/sup] and tired[sup]3[/sup], and awake [sup]4[/sup], and still occasionally daring enough to test the limits of pointlessness on the SDMB[sup]5[/sup])

[sup]1 All my work is done. 2 I have work tomorrow. 3 I have been awake since 6am (it’s now 22:18). 4 I’m still at work. 5 Not to annoy, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that now we’re pay-per-post I mourn the ease of casual posting[/sup]

FLEMM, man. Just flem.

huh?

Well, you know what they say: When you are really, really broigled, you just have get back up on that sherdalhu and kerflump right back into the game!

Schwaaaa?

**Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobsang
5 Not to annoy, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that now we’re pay-per-post I mourn the ease of casual posting[/sup]**

Yeah, casual posting . Don’t worry Lobsang, I’ll call.
Now, Flem for Christ’s sake, flem.

Boredom solved. An old fave is on tv

(Clue:“Get your ass to mars”)

Don’t sweat it. I still think you’re a hoopy frood.

FLEM!!! Flem, dammit.

ngkráapfi!b||mbékhë

You mean /@:/?

*'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mame raths outgrabe.
‘Beware the Jabberwock, my son,
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch.
Beware the jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious bandersnatch.’
He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought.
Then rested he by the tum-tum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
One! two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snickersnack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
‘And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjious day! Calooh! Calay!’
He chortled in his joy.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

-Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)*

Shingo OP, Lobsang! Just Shingo! :smiley: Really dreg!!!

Thanks, dances… I love Jabberwocky! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, gooness’ I thought I was done with that kafloogie waiting-for-the-peyote-to-kick-in Scrabble game I had one night back in '71. :eek:

With this thread Lobsang has once and for all earned the title of ‘Most pointless member’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sig Line!
(please?)

At the risk of being a bit glaikit, I’d like to ask whether “broigled” is, perhaps, an actual word on the I.o.M., or whether Lobsang just invented it today?

(Nice word though!) :slight_smile:

Haha! :0 Wow, Google is good. I knew it offers an alternative when it suspects a spelling error, but I had not realised that it also offered automatic U.SA./U.K. translation.

Observe, if you will:

Of course, the answer, as it so often is, is “No, Google, dear, I bloody well didn’t”, but it is nice of it to try!

Ha :smiley: I didn’t think of that. So according to Google I’m grilled, and I’m too frogpool to use a real word.

Can we keep it as a word, though, please, please? I think a word that can mean all of

is badly needed.

(Incidentally, it just occured to me - Google immediately ran off and came back with the suggestion of “broigled” = “grilled”, BUT why did it not pause halway, so to speak, and try suggesting “broiled”? My brain hurts now.)

Good question The answer seems to be that ‘broiled’ is missing from Google’s vocabulary. (I just googled ‘broiled’ and it said "Did you mean: grilled ")

But if it was there it would be the obvious choice since it is only one ‘g’ different from Broigled.