I'm Coming Out Of The Closet

Wow, this post was very different from what I expected from the subject line. :slight_smile: Glad to hear that you have had a happy resolution to your story. :slight_smile: It’s very admirable that you chose adoption. I’m sure it was particularly hard to do back then when the adoption process was so secretive. Personally, I have always felt like the old days where closed adoptions were the only choice were very unfair to birthmothers. If I ever adopt a child (which I hope to do eventually), I intend to pursue an open adoption so the birthmother and the child can stay in touch to some extent. It seems like openness generally makes it easier for everyone to adjust to the adoption.
And on that note, I have to agree with the others that your birthson should know the truth about his “father” someday - maybe not yet, but eventually. I’m sure it’s not easy to talk about such a traumatic event, but if I were him, I would be even more appreciative of your strength in choosing adoption after finding out the truth.
I’m not sure what kind of questions to suggest since it sounds like you’ve already talked a lot. What is he planning to major in at college? :slight_smile:
Good luck to you all.

This is a wonderful story!
Your last post made me cry a bit.
You did a beautiful thing.

Congratulations! I’m so glad you two are reuniting!

Maybe if his adoptive parents kept a scrapbook or photo album for him, you could ask him to bring it along next time you two meet. That should give you two a lot to talk about.

I wanted to write something pithy here, but words really can’t express what a wonderful thing has happened here.

Mazel Tov, Isabelle.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WOO HOO! I am so excited for you! My daughter’s family has always had an open adoption with us. We have got to watch her grow and change. She takes pictures of our son( her full brother) to school and shows him off. Its been such a great thing
(Understatement) I can’t imagine the pain and loss of not knowing for 19 years how my child was doing. You have my deepest empathies.

I am so glad that you all are getting together. There are so many blanks to fill in… so many things to say!

I think I speak for everyone when I say Please let us know how it goes. And who cries first;)

ding dang hamsters… the understaement comment refers to the previous sentence not the one following it…

Gosh, I am so happy for you I can’t even type successfully!

well nutz…
I was so eager to add my congrats I missed the post saying you’d already met him…

sigh… I think its past my bedtime!

Double congrats again

Congratulations, Isabelle! :slight_smile: Must have been hard to not be able to acknowledge one of your children. I hope things continue to go well for everyone!

F_X

I am so glad you have found your son Isabelle. It is wonderful to hear.

Congratulations Isabelle! What a wonderful thing to read in the morning. Your last post made me cry a little as well.

Great story Isabelle. I’m very happy for you and thanks for warming my heart this afternoon!

Congradultions Isabelle very heart warming story. As I have a stepbrother who is looking for his real mother. Gives me hope for him.

-RtF

I also want to thank you for giving his family the chance to raise a child. I have many friends who are adopting children, and they feel so incredibly blessed and thankful to the mom or parents who were strong enough to give the child up.

I love happy endings. :slight_smile: