I'm fucking freaking

I have to go to bed now, Kelli, but let me know what happened, okay? Send an email if you get a chance. And call your friend. I’ll see you later!

Deep breaths Kells!

Will you go tomorrow and buy some lights and light up the perimeter of your house? Also, go to a party store and buy a couple of those horns in a can that’ll wake the dead, so next time you’ll have fifty witnesses.

RonaldBarnhardt
Member <Picture>posted 11-29-1999 06:56 PM     <Picture: Click Here to See the Profile for RonaldBarnhardt>

Kelli, you told me you would never come back, not even lurk, and now you’re back…well, so am I(new user name) and I’ll come up to NB and nibble on your ear if you can guess who I really am!
Well…?
I’m free this weekend.
So are my ears! :open_mouth:

And yes, tomorrow, i’m calling my dad and asking him to pick me up some motion sensitive lights, one for the front, and one for the back.( I am low on $ till next week, but my credits good with him :wink: ) Even if I have to make the landlord pay for them, I’ll get them,I swear!

Thanks everybody.
I’m tired enough now that I will sleep.

I’ll check in in the am, cuz I dont want anyone to worry.

I love you guys.
Kelli

Kelli, I live alone with my son as well and there have been times when I have been really scared too even though I have motion detectors, just nature I think.

A lil ditty to lighten things up for you… A few months back, at about 11 at night I was just geting out of the tub when there was a bang at my back door. I snuck around the corner and couldnt see anything. The banging continued and I was really freaked out. I called my neighbours and the husband came over while his wife stayed on the phone with me. As he came through the gate, this 4’11 woman said to him, is Sue home, I dont want to scare her, my neighbour said… too late. His wife told me it was safe to open the door and standing there was my best friend who had flown in from Vancouver to surprise me… and she definitely did… typical… a case of beer in one hand and a case of coolers in the other and a big warm smile for me.

I am me… accept it or not.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about your new boytoy named Freaking…

“I may be crazy, but at least I’m not as crazy as you.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Its morning, all was quiet, and I feel pretty foolish now. It was just a noise, not a drive by shooting or anything, but I am still gona get those lights.

Very cute cowgod, very cute indeed! :wink:

Kelli, you have nothing to feel stupid about… fear is fear, plain and simple.

I am me… accept it or not.

Glad to hear all is well, Kelli!

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge…others just gargle.

First we have to come up with an excuse for me to get out of the house for the weekend. Any suggestions? And I don’t own any warm weather clothing, but I bet you can cover that for me :wink:

Kell,you can call me,too,but I dont have your e-address.E-mail me,and I’ll give ya my number.
:slight_smile:

Kelli,
I’m glad to see you made it ok. Please, do get those lights !

Don’t take chances !

As for Brian, sorry , don’t know what to tell ya.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Wish I was in N.B right now, Kells. I’d wire up your place with motion detection spotlights and a siren.

It’s easy to do. Mybe you could find someone to do it?

It wouldn’t cost more than $100.

This space for rent.

Three beats behind the measure as ususal…

Kelli, get some sound sound-activated light sensors. You can pick them up at hardware stores for not much; spend a few bucks and have the wired in.

I live in a huge, creaky old house with an alcholic ex-spouse out there. Let technology help. There is absolutely no reason you should have to lose sleep, or be afraid to fall asleep.

It can help. DO IT. There are also motion and heat-activated sensors. Pick the one that’s best. If you have a lot of sound around, then go for motion or whatever. Critters, etc. will pop on the lights sometimes. Big deal. It’s a few cents in utility charges. How much is your peace of mind worth?

Don’t live scared. Talk to the cops. They’re probably overworked but lay it on the line. They will help if they can.

This is the most important: just because you make it through the night, don’t you ever dismiss your fears or downplay them as “nerves”. Take it from a veteran: women are our own worst enemies. You aren’t stupid to be scared, and don’t let the bright light of day lull you into glossing it over.

You take care. I’m not online often, but please email me whenever you want. Been there, done that, have the dark circles under the eyes to show for it.

Veb

Brian, Heatherlees Ex, is a stalker on tour? Hmm

Could it be your ex?

Sound-activated light sensors?!

Wouldn’t those be light-activated?

Could we have Cliff’s notes on the last three chapters of… kellibelli. I forgot to read beyond the shitboy early chapter.

Sorry, Tracer, I wasn’t very clear on that one.(I emailed Kelli so was able to be a little more helpful.)
What I should have called them was sound activated sensors for lights. I have one on my back-porch light. It’s great. When coming home, all I have do is stomp on the step or cough loudly and the light pops on.
I guess it’s sort of an outdoor version of “The Clapper”–remember those awful commericals?
Well, actually this does work great. The light pops on sometimes needlessly, e.g. car horns, etc. but overall it’s nice not having to worry about that back door being dark. I set the sensitivity level fairly high so the snick of the deadbolt clicking back is enough to pop on the light.
I have a motion sensor for the front porch light; man, has that sucker startled some raccoons!
Anyway, apologies for the confusion. That help?
Veb

Brian s not satan, its another brian, the half-wit I am seeping with…(dont have to be a great conversationalist to shag-I have you guys for intellectual stimuli!)

Shitboy is currently in the far western reaches of the country (verified )

Cliff notes are as follows (since you asked)
Shitboy is the father of my kids, we have been apart for almost two years, tried a reconciliation early this summer, flaming failure, I moved to the trailer park where I grew up, ( and its nothing like the way Springer and Cops portray a trailer park ) Its clean and quiet, owned and operated by the same family that owned the dairy farm on this same land years ago…(basically if you let your place get run down, your kids cause trouble, neighbors complain cause you beat your wife/dog/kid, you would get kicked out. So what you have is quiet tidy pleasant neighbors ) I loved it here as a kid, and my boys have never been happier,

but,

In late summer, around 2am, I awoke from a sleep thinking someone was at the door ( hoping it was half wit, wanting to get lucky, I checked it out) My front screen door was blowing in the wind, it was raining too. So I shut the outer door, LOCKED it, and went back to bed, 10 minutes later I was awakened by a pounding (not knocking ) at the front door. I sat up in bed, my heart pounding, terrified, and not positive I hadnt dreampt it, but I was scared totallly shitless, blood pounding in my ears, the whole bit. I was too scared to get up for a bit ( and I cant remember now if I did get up…(blocked it out?) any way, I told myself I dreampt it.

The whole thing is really odd. There are other single women in y area, within shouting distance, and around here, there are people up all hours of the night, and the layout in a park is such that its pretty hard to be anywhere you cant be seen…I wonder if the last tenants didnt piss off someone, and now when the opportunity presents, they arent playing “knock and run”…could even be a disgruntled babysitter.

I keep a pretty low profile…and unless they live within a few lots of me, they dont know me, let alone have reason to torment me…I still know many residents from my younger years, I delivered the newspapers, I was everyones favorite babysitter, not grudge material.

It sure is alot easier to talk about it now.

I wouldnt have brought this back to the top, except I mainly didnt want anyone to think satan was stalking me :wink: