I'm going to FMV

I’m going to Ffamily Values
I’m going to Family Values

Yup yup, gonna see one hell of a concert Friday night, (wait its 12:50AM here, its TONIGHT! SUPER KICK ASS!Anywho…) and gonna lose my voice and hearing for a day or two. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Filter, Crystal Method, Staind, possibly Run DMC or Ja Rule are all on the ticket. I can’t wait!!! YAY!

Just thought I’d share.

Anyone plan on going to it or have already gone? Did ya like or it or was it sub-par? I’m hoping Staind plays a long set, they are super kick ass.

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

My topic’s name should’ve been named something else, like “I’m going to FamVal” or “I’m going to FMT” not FMV, it really doesn’t fit. Well, it fits, just not a snug as the other formentioned topic names.

I just realized I’m rather tired and need to go to bed. Hehehe I’m goofy late at night…WEEEEEEE!

Yes, I’m sober right now.

ok goodnight, see ya’ll monday!

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

I’m glad you’re happy. I’m a bit more old school myself, but I’d still go if it were in my area. Raleigh never gets any shows… :frowning:

Yer pal,
Satan

Cowgod, isn’t that in Columbus tonight? Or was that last night?

Raleigh? That would be NC? Half my family is from there. I’m scared to ask. But I want to know never the less.

Drain, the tour stops in Columbus tonight at the Schottenstein(sp?) center.

I haven’t seen the FamVal concert, but I have seen Korn in concert and they were great! I haven’t seen Limp Bizkit YET, but I have heard they are great in concert.

I’m jealous.

I went to The Big Ass Show last Saturday - Bens Fold Five, Eve Six, Cake, Primus, Luscious Jackson, Jimmy’s Chicken Shack, and a few others. Most excellent!

>^,^<
KITTEN
Coffee, chocolate, men . . . Some things are just better rich.

Diane -

Damn! I’d love to see that show! I saw Eve 6 a year ago and LOVED them. (And admission time…they were opening for Our Lady Peace and Third Eye Blind. And yes, I love all three bands…) And I’d love to see Cake live too.

Reason #356 I need a better paying job: so I can go to more concerts!!!

Cowgod, you’re going to be about five blocks away from my place tonight. Weird.

My review of the show

opening act: Staind
score (out of ten): 10
fav songs: Mudshovel, Spleen, Crawl
Comments: Supremely super kick ass! Staind is very very very good. I missed half of their first song trying to get to my seat in the nosebleed section but was non dissapointed by the rest of their set.

2nd act: The Crystal Method
Score:8
fav songs: Trip like I do, Busy Child, Cherry TwistHigh Roller
Comments: CM is a very good techno band. Problem is, I went to FamVal to listen to rock- it just didn’t mix with the rest of the show. Funky beats and big bass mixed with a crazy light show made all the pot heads sit in a stooper for thier set.

3rd act: KORN
Score: 10
Fav songs: Blind, Faggot, Freak on a Leash, ADIDAS
Comments: Hot DAMN! Korn turned the show on its head, the floor was just insane, so many pits and crowd sufers… just totally insane! I must go see Korn again, they truly know how to rock!

4th: Filter
score:5
Fav Song: Hey Man, Nice Shot
Comments: Blech, Filter is a bunch of pussies. The only songs that I knew from them were from ‘Short Bus’ their first album, and one from thier knew album, whose title I forget. Filter needs to be locked up in a cage and learn how to be more like Staind and Korn.

5th: Limp Bizkit
score: 9
fav songs: Nookie, Rearranged, Faith, No sex (with Aaron from Staind)
comments: Fred Durst is the shit. Fred does whatever the hell he wants to do. Had I botherd to buy Significant other I would have enjoyed his set much better, but i didn’t becuase I thought I didn’t like them anymore. This show has changed my mind. I like Gimpy Bizquick again.

Final Comment: Family Values was by far the best show I’ve been to this year, I don’t believe I’ll ever see such a great combo of bands ever again. Staind will be big very soon, so watch out for them!

(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

I remember the days, about 25 years ago, when something like that came up. Went to a Frank Zappa concert. Somehow got there, no help, and not enough money for cabfare home. I hitchiked. The first car stopped. Only they didn’t stop for me.They proceeded to have sex on the back seat. I didn’t feel like asking for a ride. It got cold. Walked half way home. A guy in a limo and driver’s uniform gave me a ride finally.

Damn, Cowgod, I thought you were going to tell us how you were planning on living the rest of your life in full motion video (Ahh. FMV. The ‘coolest’ gaming concept of '93!)

–Tim

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.