I'm horrified, disgusted and embarrassed [by January 6]

I watched the events unfold on live TV on January 6 and was horrified at the time. I had a call with a co-worker in England on January 7 where the topic came up and I was embarrassed for my country.

I’ve been watching reports on it ever since and remain horrified. I watched the 2 hour CNN show on January 6 last night and ended up feeling even more disgusted with what happened.

My faith in humanity (and Americans) has never been lower. Will it get better?

More horrifying is some in the right wing media attempting to whitewash what happened as part of an image rehabilitation effort for Donald Trump.

January 6 was all about sore losers and their temper tantrums. Starting with Trump. Nothing to be proud of there. No true patriots present.

Every country has idiots. They don’t represent the country.

We need to do all we can to make certain this is the way this event is depicted to all of our children and future generations, particularly the part I bolded - none of these people were patriots in any way. At the least these people were insurrectionists and traitors to our country. The Trumpists are lost causes for the most part but we need never let up on pushing back on any propaganda that tries to cast this as anything other than an attempted governmental overthrow by a group of unpatriotic sore losers.

Not just the media, actual sitting members of Congress declaring that it was no different from a group of tourists.

Nothing can or will be done until every one of them is voted out of office. We are not a democracy until that happens.

It keeps getting worse. Trump supporters were quick to place the blame on Antifa. But now they’re blaming the FBI for setting a tramp for Trump supporters and claiming Ashli Babbett was “executed” by the federal government.

They should focus on who shat in the building. It’s pretty hard to spin that into anything other than shitting on the USA! Plus, it’s got DNA.

I’d love to hear them on the stand trying to defend that. HaHaHa!

Sure, they don’t have DNA to match to for some, but I bet there’s more than a few they could. That’s who they should make an example of, in my opinion.

It’s surprising no one talks about this part, while the Right is busy spinning it into ‘tourism’!

Ashli Babbett was traitor scum and the world is better off without her. I suppose she’ll be beatified by the Reich wingers.

Jan 6 was a bigger threat to the US in history, including the Civil War. At least back then the confederate flag wasn’t flying in the US Capitol.

Lots of patriots were present. Secret Service, Capitol Police, Congressmembers (some of them anyway), staff, etc.

No patriots participated.

There was one BLM guy there, recording the riot/insurrection. Likely the only black guy there. I neither condemn or condone his actions.

Actual sitting members of Congress are active participants in the attempt to destroy democracy. They are nothing more than enablers of traitors at best, and actual traitors themselves at worst.

One of our political parties is addicted to Donald Trump. He brought it shame and failure, but they are going back for more. Every political race henceforth should bring-up Jan 6 and each candidate should make very clear statements about their thoughts on the matter. The press should ask them again and again about it. Too many Republicans are hiding in the shadows, horrified by what happened, but are scared sh!tless about getting in Trump’s crosshairs, lest they ignite “the base”. I wanna see those who defend Jan 6 out in the open where they can be properly mocked and ridiculed.

That might work in some states but here in Arizona we have a couple reps – Gosar and Biggs – who would what happened that day rather than hide in any shadows. There may be others but these two are the ones spewing their brand of bullshit every day.

Fortunately the number of voters who register independent here in Arizona is roughly equal to the number of Republicans. No matter how hard they’ll gerrymander the new districts they’ll need some of those independents to win the general election. I’m hoping there aren’t enough enthralled independents to accomplish that.

SOME Actual sitting members of Congress are active participants…

???

Verb. I need a verb. Also proof read more better.

Insert crow about where applicable.

Here are 147 of them…

Is it possible that some of them actually believed that the election was stolen? Misguided, ignorant people.

Of course. The willfully ignorant are everywhere in every age and it is that much easier to reinforce today when there is a million forms of online validation and (whackadoo) community to feed their delusions. There has unfortunately never been a better time to be a conspiracy theorist.

But also unfortunately there is not much to be done with the CT-minded. Patiently educate, try to keep them out of power in any democratic way possible and hope time changes the views of at least some. A certain small percentage of Q-anon folks have sloughed off already. More might do so in the next year or two. But probably a lot of them are lost for good - they’ll just jump to the next CT du jour.

The problem is that Fox and other right wing news outlets aren’t going to ask GOP candidates those questions and the vast majority those same candidates aren’t going to allow themselves to appear on Left wing news outlets/MSM. Even if they do, many of them will do it with the intention of yelling/snapping at the interviewer when the subject comes up and stomping off if they push it. That or if they think they can ‘beat’ the interviewer by twisting words around and otherwise not directly answering questions. We saw Trump do that plenty of times.

I think the only way you’re going to get a ‘good’ answer is in a debate. Specifically a debate with a good moderator that will push them to answer the question and/or make it clear that they chose not to answer the question when they spend their time talking about something that isn’t the answer to the question. Again, we saw Trump do this plenty of times.