I'm in a smoking area. PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE

yojimbo , although it’s already been done more than once, allow me to apologise for Amercians, smokers and non-smokers alike. However, I must tell you that they [SOME non-smokers] are not much better behaved at home.

I’ll give you an example. I smoke, however, I make a conscious effort to be considerate about it. I don’t smoke in non-smoking homes, cars, around small children - you get the idea. So anyway, my office is non-smoking, of course. [And to be honest, I prefer it that way, since when I want to smoke, I get a break from the phones, the computers, and the people for a few minutes].

Next door to my office is a tavern that specializes in pizza and Italian food. The two buildings share a common driveway. I’ll go out the back door to smoke, and without fail, someone going into or leaving the tavern will see me outside, [about 25 feet away from them, mind you, posing next to no danger to their own personal welfare] and feel the need to tell me smoking is bad for me. NO SHIT??? OH MY GOD, I MUST EXTINGUISH THIS CANCER STICK IMMEDIATELY BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!!!
This happens at least two to three times a week, and inevitably, some fucking asshole who weighs about 450 pounds, and is walking out of the tavern with two extra large pizzas and a chicken parm sub will feel the need to tell me about the damage I’m doing to my body. I have nothing against overweight people, I could stand to lose 5 or 30 pounds myself, however, I DO NOT make a point of talking about someone else’s unhealthy habits while I’m carrying a pie and a cheesesteak to the car.

I’m outside, away from children and people on oxygen smoking a butt and minding my own business. WHY CAN’T OTHER PEOPLE DO THE SAME THING?? I would be publically drawn and quartered, and rightfully so, if I went up to an obese, or even just plain chubby, person and told them to put down the fork because I can hear their arteries clogging from here. All I’m asking for is the same courtesy. Is it really too much to ask? JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!! I DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR HELP!:mad: