I'm lonely

How right you are Veb. It took me years to get through the enoughs and I’m so thankful that I had friends who were supportive, but better than that, honest.

Sassy

This is the same Veb who posted a couple of weeks ago that things were kind of overwhelming. So add my name to the “hang in there” and “this, too, shall pass” list.

I haven’t taken the opportunity since we met in SF to tell you how highly I thought of you. You were, as most Dopers are, intelligent and articulate, but you were also very compassionate and caring. Not that anyone was unfriendly (far from it) but you took care to spend some time with me and draw me out. And you were very sensitive to my feelings (specifically when some participants wanted to take the party back to my hotel room!) without my having to explain myself – you just gave me the respect you would expect for yourself.

So give yourself a big hug from me. If you can impress a relative stranger in a matter of an hour or two that you’re sweet and lovable just by being yourself then I think there is a very happy future for you indeed.