I'm melting, I'm melting in the MMP!

Happy birthday, Shoe. I hope it’s a good one.

Hippy, have fun on the ride, just make sure you make your presence known to the pedestrians on the trails. You’ll feel weird shouting, “Passing on your left!” the first couple of times, but then you’ll realize that ALL of them have noise cancelling earbuds in.

No ride this morning, it was supposed to be thunderstorming, so I slept in. Unfortunately, no one told Thor about the plans. I’ll try to get out later today.

We dropped Fang and Squeaky off at summer camp yesterday. Fang is going for CIT, here’s hoping he’ll get a job offer at the end of it. Squeaky is going for Star Wars camp. His excitement was quite evident. They all really missed going last year. Spike will be going for Harry Potter camp next week; I think he’s looking forward to it, even though it will be a week without his precious phone.

The A/C guy just called, and he’s on his way, so our main floor will have its A/C back. It’s funny, when we moved to Tennessee, I poo-pooed the reports of the humidity. I’m from Raleigh, and we have the Gulf Stream right there, only Florida and the Amazon are more humid. I underestimated the power of the Gulf of Mexico.

Mrs Magill went into her office today for the first time in a year. Since the the senior person in her team at this location, she’s the move coordinator. (They’re consolidating office space, since more people are working from home.) She texted me earlier saying that it was odd seeing actual people instead of little heads on here computer screen. You can say what you want about home offices (the commute really is the best), there is something about being able to say to a cow-orker at the coffee maker, “Hey, were you ever able to get that thing to work?” that no amount of MS Teams or Zoom will ever be able to replicate.

Whoop, there the doorbell. Gotta let the A/C guy in.