I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this billboard.

This past weekend, I was back in Virginia (Richmond) visiting my family. ElzaHub and I had to take a trip to the airport to pick up my best friend, which put us on the I-64 heading East. As we were cruising down the interstate, a billboard caught my eye.

It read:

"Isn’t she a little young for you?"
Sex with a minor. Don’t go there.

:dubious:

Do we really need public service billboards telling us this? Is there some guy named Bubba out there going “Dude. I guess Kayleigh IS a little young for me. I’d better break up with her right. now..”

Almost a week later, and I’m still laughing a bit.

E.

Young girl, get out of my mind…

It’s pretty crass, and I wouldn’t appreciate the insinuation that I would think of doing that. It’s extremely offensive and boorish. It’s not like there is a snowball’s chance in Hell that a billboard will stop an adult from having sex with a minor.

Oh yes, please note that once again the criminal is assumed to be male, like there haven’t been woman on trial in the last few months for the same thing.

What counts as a “minor” in Virginia?

Second term.

Ah, we have a Thread/Username/Post trifecta of appropriateness! :smiley:

Second trimester, I should say.

One time my girlfriend accused me of being a pedophile.

“Pedophile?” I said, shocked, “that’s a pretty big word for an eight-year-old.”

Eighteen.

Since we are discussing billboards… or were… I saw one in downtown Birmingham that read simply

I Farted

I still laugh at that.

The billboard is stupid. However, I have occasionally contemplated making my daughter exclusively wear tshirts saying “Step off dude, I’m FIFTEEN.”

In a similar vein, earlier this year there was a billboard I saw a few times that said the following:

Are you having sexual thoughts about children?
We can help!
1-800-XXX-XXXX

I always kinda wondered exactly what kind of ‘help’ calling that phone number would provide.

I almost pooped my pants when I read this.

So. Funny.

A couple months ago, my wife and I passed a billboard for this place. The billboard just contained the tag line - but we just looked at each other and laughed.

We aren’t sure whether it was brilliant marketing, or really really stupid and dumb proofreaders.

Or a lesbian.

I recall seeing a billboard in a particularly depressed are of the South Side of Chicago proclaiming “WHO’S THE DADDY? 1-800-DNA-TEST” with neon swimmers in the background.

I nearly peed.

They’re encouraging people with deviant thoughts to dial a free XXX number? :dubious: :stuck_out_tongue:

They had that same billboard on the 294 for years. I almost called just to see what they would say.

Actually it says “I pooted.” The best part is watching the local news to see the anchors dance around the word poot.

It is pretty darn funny. It’s still up.