I'm turning 31 ...

Inspired by Anastasaeon 's post, I’ve decided to de-lurk and post my very first SD thread. In MPSIMS, no less.

Daffy Duck Voice: IT’S MINE! ALL MINE! AND YOU CAN’T HAVE ONE BIT OF IT!

Last year was basically a transition year. Like Anastasaeon, I had 365 days to celebrate my turning “twenty-nine prime”. This time around, though, I finally accepted the fact that, yes, 2p8, you’re now an adult in all senses of the word. Which means:

[ol]
[li]You don’t look like a teen anymore and you’re not fooling anyone, period. Any mistakes you make are all your fault. (And boy, have I made my quota.)[/li][li]Things which you made of in other people are happening to you. Receding hairline, thicker glasses, bigger waistline … yup, Karmic Payback’s gonna suck. [/li][li]You gotta take a really closer look at that 401K.[/li][/ol]

Unlike the majority of my friends, my personal development took several detours, so I do feel a little embarrassed when everyone notices that I have no significant other, no children, and no house/property.

(But I do have tea. Lots of it, in fact.)

Luckily, my blessed friends have been most kind and don’t poke and prod in my personal life that much. Relatives, on the other hand, spare no prisoners.

I always think of that joke where the Grandma pinches her grandson’s cheeks and asks, “When’s your wedding?” and he replies, 'When’s your funeral?"

Lest this turn into too much of a whinefest ('tis my birthday, after all), I’m extremely happy that I’m getting paid rather nicely for my 55-work week, I’ve paid off my car (IT’S MINE I TELL YA! ALL MINE!!), and the last checkup I had turned up no problems.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to me, Happy 27th to Anastasaeon, and Happy Thursday to the rest of you wonderful Dopers. May the Vogons call-in sick today and delay their plans for our extreme eviction.

Forgive me for any typos. I used the PREVIEW button, I swear. But you know how it goes…

ERADICATE BIRTHDAYS!

Happy birthday! dons party hat and blows party favour

Happy Birthday! And welcome to your new board presence. :smiley:

But…

Dude, I’m almost 35 and have no plans for any of the above any time soon. And I find absolutely no reason for embarrassment about it. :slight_smile:

Wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life! Happy Birthday! :slight_smile:

It’s your birthday too? Happy birthday to us. May your 31 be as good as mine was.

KEEP IT DOWN!!!

Damn kids with the hippity hoppity music and the parties and the noise…

In my day we didn’t have birthdays… and we liked it that way!

And, STAY OFF MY LAWN!

Happy birthday, and welcome to the 'Dope!