IMHO, the best pistol/revolver is...

no supporting evidence required. Must be a pistol or revolver.

For me H&K USP40 Expert.

you were close glitch:

HK P7M8 or M13…M10 if you like .40 cal.

one that doesn’t work and cannot be repaired.

One of each:

Revolver: Colt 1873 Single Action Army, in .45 Colt. (for target/plinking/cowboy-action shooting)

Pistol: Colt 1911 Government .45 ACP, especially the 70-series revision. (for serious use–faster reloading than the SAA)

Sadly, I don’t have enough experience with .45s to comment on them, but any pistol that has survived that long and been copied that mant times must be pretty awesome.
However, of the pistols I have used a lot, my favorite is the Browning Hi-Power(9mm). I’m also very fond of my Ruger GP-100(.357).

The one they pull from Charlton Heston’s cold, dead hand. :smiley:

9mm pistol that’s still got it. If you shoot one of these you will wonder how in the heck the Poles lost the war!

Great pistol.

Those of you out there making anti-gun statements just dont get it. But thats ok… :rolleyes:

. . . a dead one.

Ummm…That should have read experience with 1911 model .45s…sorry. Had a senior moment there.

For plinking at least:

A Whitney Wolverine. Coolest gun ever made.

Fenris

I love my IMI/Desert Eagle Baby Eagle 9mm. Fits my very small hands and has no kick at all. Extremely accurate, feels good, and looks even better. The laser sight is a lot of fun too:) It’s just a bitch to find spare mags for without going through Mossberg (who now imports them) Anyone got any ideas?

They charged Panzer tanks with cavalry.

Since you didin’t say that it had to be particularly lethal, I would have to say the Ruger Mk II series. A fun little gun, that is cheap to shoot, nice and accurate, and reliable.

I’ll go with the tried and true for a pistol–the Colt 1911 .45 ACP. For a revolver, the Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum. And for nostalgia’s sake, the Colt SAA in .22 LR (my first gun, which I first shot when I was five years old.

Of the guns that we own, I prefer our little Beretta. Not because it’s especially accurate or powerful, I just LOVE how it feels when I fire it.

Our .38 S&W’s ain’t too bad, either, but they don’t let you just pop off a half-dozen shots in rapid succession… bam-bam-bam-bam-bam… ahhh, that hits the spot! Not literally, most likely… :smiley:

An addendum…

We also just recently acquired a newer-model Glock (don’t know exact numbers), but I’ve yet to get to a shooting range and fire it. When I do, I’ll let everyone know.

For sheer explosive blowing stuff up fun, it’s got to be my Dad’s Ruger Super Redhawk, .44mag with a 9 inch barrel. Ka-BOOOM!! For plinkin’, my Ruger P95 in 9mm is a lot of fun (and a lot cheaper too).

IMHO, the coolest semi-auto has got to be the Sig Sauer P228 9mm.

Oh you say that like its a BAD thing! I think this pistol is in such good shape because it was never fired and was only dropped once…

Accurate indeed. Friends and I used to get together once a week and do some informal .22 target shooting. Low score bought the first round of beer afterwards.

I never bought the first round.

Here’s mine minus the custom grips and trigger.

Good looking pistol too. Looks count, right?