In Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party," who is Mr. Hughes?

“Wearing his disguise” is more obscure, but presumably had something to do with Harrison’s habit of traveling incognito.

Actually this may have more to do with the movie “help”. In the movie the is a part where the beatles in an airport lobby, going to the Bahamas in “Disguise” yet the Beatles are looking as they would on the streets and are not made up as the “Clean cut image” of the beatles that was promoted at the time.

:cool:

Howard Hughes

Link to the Special Report about: Ricky Nelson’s “Garden Party”

This report will be generally available on Tuesday, 10 August. People who join the Straight Dope Mailing List get an email with advance link to next week’s Staff Report and Classic Column. You can join the Mailing List from our front page (see Join the Straight Dope Mailing List)

PDGTL, welcome to the Straight Dope Message Boards, glad to have you with us. When you start a thead, it’s helpful to other readers if you provide a link to the Column or Staff Report that you’re commenting on. Saves search time for others, and helps keep everyone on the same page. No biggie, you’ll know for next time. And welcome indeed!

And congrats, Rico, on your first Special Report!

My understanding is it was Paul that’d duck out of hotels in an actual disguise, such as in mustaches before any of them wore grew actual ones. I recall reading this in a Beatles biography or two, but all I get in 'net searches are freaky “slash” Beatle fan fiction… good lord. And I thought MY passtimes were odd!

• Crandolph

NPR had a story on this last week.

A story on “Garden Party”? Or a story on McCartney’s moustache? I did a quick search of the NPR website http://www.npr.org and found nada. Well, OK, a zillion references to Beatles in the last 30 days, but nothing about being disguised.