In the song "Hotel California," what does "colitas" mean?

Oi, if I may correct a fellow Uruguayan I should say that “culo” is a perfectly natural and unloaded word for butt in Spain.

Wow.

A question to the moderators - would it be OK if I adopted the unveiler’s last post as my signature?

Hey! Put that knife down!

Don’t be silly, Shodan, everyone knows you don’t use an entire post for a sig; you select a pithy snippet that summarizes one of the more trenchant highlights of the post.

Just use the last paragraph. :smiley:

My bad. What must I have been thinking of?

I was hoping this quote -

might be best.

Just to remind me to listen to the right voice. You know, of all the voices. In my head.

And not to listen to the one tellling me about Jodi Foster.

All seriousness aside, the unveiler, that was a remarkable piece of work.

Better than Helter Skelter, at least.

Peace be with you. And welcome to the Straight Dope.

Regards,
Shodan

Hey, to each his/her (but mostly her) own.

I don’t think he’s going to see you’re welcoming note. His last activity was in August of 2001.

… “you’re” should be “your” … I HATE that mistake. Where’s that damned smackie when I need it.

He must have shot the wad then. God knows it would take me three years to recover from composing posts like those.

So much for my new sign. Sigh.

Regards,
Shodan

I think this thread must set a record between the time it was started and the time it made Threadspotting. Over three years.

Maybe he’s working on an interpretation of Lord of the Rings.

“If Lord of the Rings was interpreted by the unveiler”.

And you thought the “If Lord of the Rings was written by another author” thread was long.

another vote in support of Unveiler’s efforts. So he cites the Bible & interprets the song as giving moral lessons against sexual, substance & occultic addictions. It takes real blinders NOT to see some Biblical/spiritual allusions. I’m really surprised tho he passed up “they just can’t kill the Beast” with no Book of Revelation references. Btw, congrats to him for passing up the Church of Satan interpretation, which is based on the very wrong ‘factoid’ that it was founded in 1969 when it was actually founded April 30, 1966 (tho another interpretation is that the LaVey mansion/CoS HQ in San Francisco was not obtained until 1969- I have no idea if that is true.)

Now I’ll admit to being curious about the tape he has on American Pie… I wonder if it’s the Aryan Nations interpretation (yes, there actually is one! :eek: )