In which I lose the interest of a perfectly nice girl in ten days

Okay, let me make a corollary to point 5 - if she asks you to ask her out, then doesn’t do what she says she’ll do, she’s a flake. Move on - you don’t need the drama she’ll supply.

Well, I AM sorry, but that was pretty much to be expected.

You see, you’ve spent the better part of two weeks deflecting her advances, not using her phone number when she provided it and inserting roomies or friends into potential date situations.
You’ve given her every reason to believe that, for whatever reasons, you don’t want to pursue a relationship with her. Maybe you can salvage this, but how you’d go about it is beyond my experience.

As I said in my previous, better luck next time. If you get nothing else from this, learn to be more forward. Make dates with girls you think you might have a romantic interest in. Don’t make arrangements to “hang out” or go do group things with friends.

I know this sounds harsh and I apologize for that, but there’s no other way to say it. If nothing else, next time don’t wait ten days before you post questions here. Read back over the suggestions people posted. If you’d had all this information earlier, and acted on it, things could well have turned out differently.

Good luck in the future.

And, yeah, what John said. Look at this as a learning experience, which is basically what dating is, anyway. You need to go on date after date to get better and better at it - it’s a skill you can learn, like any other.