In your "Objective" opinion, which are the 5 greatest Rock Bands of all time?

1. The Beatles
  2. The Eagles
  3. The Who
  4. Aerosmith
  5. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
  1. The Eagles
  2. Led Zeppelin
  3. AC/DC
  4. The Beach Boys
  5. Aerosmith

The problem with Queen is that they’re Freddy Mercury. If I recall correctly, he even played all the guitars on the albums.

And, of course, the question of what ‘greatest’ means. I say the Greatest Rock Band needs some serious fuck ups, drugs, fire, groupies, parents protesting, and still heart and love somehow. This covers both Sabbath and the Beatles.

Oh, and it would help if they inspired generations of musicians after them.

At least one tragic death.

And, most importantly, a comeback that proves they never sold out, and still know how to rock.
(I have to get Ozzy’s latest, it sounds good!)

You do not recall correctly.Freddie rarely played guitar.

They have a guitarist named Brian May who uses some cheap home-made guitar to play with.

And a bass gutarist named John Deacon who built an amplifier.

This band cant even afford to buy equipment,gotta build their own stuff…not to mention after Freddie died they faded into obscurity.

The Doors. Best band of all time. They get 1-5 only because you limited it to 5 and they released more albums than that.

I’ll Nth the Ramones, in End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones both Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) and Joe Strummer (Clash, his last interview before his death) said that if they hadn’t heard the Ramones records there would not have been a punk scene in England.

No Ramones = no British Punk scene, no American punk scene, no New Wave/2 Tone/Post Punk/etc, no ginormous list of bands!

CMC +fnord!

I remembered both those stories, I just thought it was Freddie in both of them. Weird how memory works. I was in error, I do humbly apologize.

Beatles
Tool
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Someone not on par with those other 4