"Inside Al-Qaeda’s Hard Drive" - Simply an amazing (true) story in Atlantic Magazine!

Inside Al-Qaeda’s Hard Drive

Yeah, I saw that. It’s not surprising, when you think about it, but it really does hit home how casual these acts are to the men that do them. They’re going about it like it’s a job, instead of sacrificing babies to John Tesh in an evil flame-filled dungeon under Castle Allahskull.

I think it was Newsweek (correct me if I’m wrong) that recently did a really good article on it as well.

I too read the article, and I agree it is chilling. The two main things I got from it were:
-the Al-Queda organization has been around for a long time, and these acts were well planned. In addition, there is a LOT of money required to support these monsters…so the chief task is to shut off their money supply
-these vermin have no respect for any human life. They MUST be ruthlessly hunted down and destroyed. So these a-holes who weep about the injustices bestowed upon Moussaoui and the thugs in Guantanamo…spare me. Moussaoui came to the US to MURDER people. He should be tortured to extract any useful information, and then disposed of. preferably sent to General Dostum.

Well, they are singularly bad news, no doubt about it.

But…

::picks up clue-by-four::

…most of us who have objected to the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib are concerned that the US govt is torturing people that we have no legitimate reason to believe know any more about Al Qaeda / terrorism / the Taliban / Ba’athist Party / Saddam Hussein / Osama bin Laden / potential Kerry voters or other threats to “our way of life” than Slug Signorino does.

…most of us who have objected to the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib believe that if we’re going to stomp around the world locking up people without a trial and subjecting them to torture, then our claims to be inherently better than Al Qaeda and Company start to flatten down to “they are out to get us and we are out to get them and we’re better because We are Us and They are Them”.

For some reason I read this as “Inside Al-Qaeda’s Hair Dryer”.

I always thought Osama was kinda metrosexual.

WTF? :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

I hesitate to ask…but…just what does the trendy, hip, Fundamentalist/Islamic man-about-town wear under his dynamite belt? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What about the people who are weeping about the injustices bestowed upon the common cab drivers and family men in Guantanamo? Are we a-holes too?

Underoos with Osama’s picture, I imagine.

So, the US Army has tranasported innocent cab drivers and “family men” to Guantanamo, and keeps them there at a cost of hundreds of dollars a day? They do this for fun??
Yeah, you’ve been watching too much Al-Jazeera!
Even if your statement is true, why would US intelligence be so foolish as to hold prisoners who have no conncetion with terrorism? :confused:

Try freaken ABC news . Your confusion is mutual. Your ignorance of the situation is not.

-lv

Ralph124c, you’re hilarious. I got a good laugh out of that one.