Interesting Subdivision Street Name Themes

Ooo this is my favorite! Oh to live at the corner of Crusher and Picard!

How could they do that and misspell Riker??? HERETICS!

[inner Trekkie geek]I want to live in that neighborhood![/inner Trekkie geek]

A neighborhood near me named Camelot, with appropriate street names. But I noticed that Guinevere Dr intersects with Launcelot Way, but does not intersect with King Arthur Rd … :dubious:

Stupidest one IMNSHO is a street named “Sir Viceroy Drive” :rolleyes:

I’m now a resident of Palm Coast, FL
Here, the neighborhoods are grouped together by a common first letter of the alphabet. It’s not uncommon for conversation to have the phrase “We live in the “P” (or “R” or “S” or “W” or any of a number of other letters) section.”

I do find it funny that there is a neighborhood full of street names begging with the letter “C”.
(C-Section…get it?)

In my neighborhood, the streets were all named for gemstones. I grew up on the corner of Ruby and Citrine.

I went to a shopping mall once where the various parking areas were named after animals. I parked in Camel Lot.

Would any of you let street name dictate where you will or won’t buy a house?

I honestly cannot see myself wanting to live on Miss Muffet Lane…ever. Now, Crusher or Picard - definitely. And I’m not even a Trekkie! :smiley:

There’s a small section of the northeast Bronx where all the streets have names related to electricity: Watt, Ohm, Ampere, Radio Drive, Research Avenue. The land was donated to the city by a storage battery company in the early 1900s.

Many of the streets and public parks in Richland are named after the principle scientists and military personnel associated with the Manhatten Project (for the uninitiated Richland became a government owned City in 1942 to provide housing for the Hanford site. It reverted to private ownership in 1958). There is, among others, Lesley Groves Park!

BTW - the first high school in Richland has the unique name of Richland Bombers with the school insignia being a “mushroom cloud”.

Park City, UT (of infamous Winter Olympics 2002) has a Picabo St.

My GF’s auntie lives on Drury Ln. I asked here where the muffin man was, she had no idea what I was talking about.

Many downtown Portland, OR streets are named after Simpson’s characters.

Before you break out the pitchforks, I realize it’s the other way around, I’m just trying to get a rise out of you.

The subdivision of the subdivision I grew up in had streets named for 19th-century American authors and poets. I remember Poe, Stevenson, Longfellow, Masefield, and Thackeray. You could do worse, I guess. I always thought it was weird that there was no Emerson, though.

Speaking of death by drollery, my current neighborhood includes Cattle Drive.

There’s a neighborhood of short streets and alleys in San Francisco which are named after Barbary Coast-era prostitutes, including Isis and Minna.

Same thing in south Dallas; at least there used to be.

Here in North Dallasnear where I grew up there are a bunch of Disney-themed streets–Peter Pan, Snow White, Cinderella, Aladdin, Pinocchio, etc.

In Highland Park, there is a series of university-themed streets–Colgate, Purdue, Stanford, Amherst, Bryn Mawr, etc.

Actually that goes all the way to I=35, and maybe a little west of it. Lakeville is absurd in the naming of streets to keep with the "I or “J” theme.

Better is the street names in Ramsey, MN. Iodine, Tungsten, Potassium, Krypton, Fluoride, Neon, etc. They are alphabetical as well.

Once a week on my way home I drive along Station Street and on my right I pass Perry Street then turn right into Smith Street.

Absolutely … one neighborhood over from us is Liberty Creek, and one of the main streets is Pillory Lane. Immediately took those off the list!

I had a friend in Anchorage who lived on Galactica. It was just off of Enterprise. Honest.

My favorite was an area outside some city that was about to be incorporated against the owners wishes so they named all the streets with name like “Keepa Way”, “Goa Way”, “Staya Way” etc. I was in Nevada when I heard about it but I don’t remember where the situation was nor did I ever lean if they were allowed to keep their names.

My girlfriend’s aunt and uncle live in one of those private golf-course/development things. The streets are all just named after golf terms. The one they live on is “Hole in One Road.”

Zyada and I live in a bird subdivision. I have nothing interesting, but she used to live in an Indian section (including a very short street named “Ute”).

The best she lived in was an aromatic neighbourhood.