International cricket rolling thread

Not quite!

Am I not watching this live? I see Eng 30 Fiji 24 game still on.

Sorry!

Must have been just ahead of you.

Have belatedly started a RUWC thread Rugby Union World Cup 2023

Happy with Afghanistan winning. Needed an upset result in this WC and as a country they have gone through so much. Cricket is a great expression of joy for the people even if temporary.

Sporting wise this WC hasn’t yet really produced a nailbiter match that goes down to the final overs. Hoping that changes because the last WC did have a lot of matches go to the end.

Good one.

An interesting question might be which of England’s rugby and cricket teams are more likely to make the final of their respective tournaments. I guess it has to be rugby, given they’re only one game away, but that’s not a situation many would have predicted a couple of months ago.

There’d be an argument that AUS has played the two favourites and being 0-2
isn’t as bad as face value.
There is also the argument that AUS now need to win at least 5 of the remaining 7 to progress and that so far in 2023 they have won just 1 ODI out of 7 played so the formline isn’t good.

SL are weakened for tonight’s game but would like their chances … and at 0-91 off 15 you’d have to like the platform they have built.

It’s gone horribly wrong after 150-1 off 25.

246 in 43 overs should be doable for SA …

Yeah, NL did well to reach 245 considering they were 82-5 and 140-7, but being asked for just under 6 an over isn’t going to make SA sweat too much.

It still should, but 42/2 after 10 overs isn’t exactly an ideal start. It would make England feel a lot better if Netherlands win, but I’m not getting too hopeful of that yet.

That said…

I think the third wicket fell in the 5-second timespan between the previous 2 posts!

And now 44/4! Incredible stuff! ESPN win predictor has Netherlands at all-but 60%…

ETA: correction - it’s now adjusted to 79.28%.

Stabilising a bit now, but obviously enough that comes at a cost in terms of run-rate. A lot of pressure on the batters’ judgement now as they have to keep in touch with the scoreboard without giving up chances. The temptation to hit your way out of trouble is always there - and it can work! - but boy do you need to get it right.

In other news, Scotland Women have beaten Ireland Women by 40 runs, in their first ODI since gaining full ODI status. Bryce scored 78; Rainey (an excellent name for a Scottish cricketer) took 3 for 30.

Yeah, an ask over 7 is just not going to happen with our tail enders.

As long as Miller is there, they have a chance.

ETA: got ‘im!

This thread has devolved into an exercise in putting the mockers on

RRR of 9.9 now…

No, 10

RSA knocked over by a team whose backbone is made of players who couldn’t make it so the third level in RSA.