InvisibleWombat: pretty lame pitting..

Nope. You’re full of it, InvisibleWombat. trmatthe did not state anything about a group of people lying, either a large group or small.

He said, “Based on the number of “OMG never!” responses I wonder about the level of truthfullness being shown here.”

responses != people. Saying that I have doubts about the truthfulness of your reply does not equate to stating that you are a liar. He did not state or imply that anyone was lying. He stated difficulty with believing that all responses posted were truthful, but he did not say everybody’s post was untruthful, nor did he single out anyone’s in particular. He was vague enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Again, I am not a moderator, nor am I attempting to engage in “junior modding.” I believe the moderators as a whole are fair and do a good job. I believe in this instance, you did a crappy job. You paid undue notice (as a mod) to a post that broke neither the letter nor the spirit of the rules. Either have the cojones to issue a warning, or let it go. Don’t be half-assed and threaten a warning. If it wasn’t enough of a violation to result in a warning as is, then there was no violation, just a post that rubbed you the wrong way. You should have taken exception to it on a personal level, not with your mod hat on. That’s all it deserved.