Ipad integrating with pc

I own a desktop PC. I also use an android phone. Also I have an iPad that has a battery that has just died.
I’m not a tech savvy person.
I mostly use the iPad for music, scrolling chords and lyrics when playing.
I need to replace the dying tablet as a battery is almost as much $ as a new tablet.
My question is…would it be recommended to get a non-Apple tablet as opposed to an iPad? So that things would be seamlessly integrated? Or are there advantages to having both types?
Also would I be able to move all my 200 or so songs over to my new tablet, whether it’s the iPad or a non Apple product?

Have you checked one of those iFixit places? They can probably do the battery for under $100.

Depending on how comfortable the o.p. is with doing some basic repair and following instructions, it could be less. Except for the newest iPad Pro models it’ll probably cost less than US$60. I’ve replaced batteries in multiple Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro) and despite how little Apple does to facilitate repair it has generally taken under an hour (MBP took longer because I had to debond the multipart battery pack in stages) and has functioned without issue post-replacement.

Stranger

Soo… speaking as someone who owns one or more android tablets, it’s a lot of meh. Most (not all) android tablets are less powerful and less expensive than an iPad. The very high end ones are comparable, but so are the prices. Entirely depends on what you want.

Overall (huge generalities), I find the apple apps to be more functional than the equivalent android ones, but, that’s kinda of expected, theres a much wider range of hardware the software has to run on.

If you have games/apps/etc on the tablet though, remember you’ll have to repurchase them if you don’t already have an android equivalent on your phone. If you have the apps you like on the phone you’ll just be downloading them - only you know the answers to that.

As for music, it depends on how you purchased them. Bought through apple, it might be more work to get on to your android devices, but doable. But transferring the information directly can be a pain especially if the tablet is dying, so do a backup sooner than later.

If you’re looking for seamless integration with your PC, you should be pricing a Microsoft Surface. I was looking to replace an ancient iPod classic and ended up exchanging a newly purchased iPad for a Surface. My intention was to copy my iTunes library to an iPad but I could not figure out how to get the iPad and PC to communicate with each other.

Also, older iPads tend to be end-of-life. My original iPad (about 2 months after they came out) cannot browse the internet - most websites crash, or are painfully slow to load and then crash, and it’s 32-bit so new apps won’t load. They no longer update to the newer software. Its debatable if this is progress or planned obsolescence.

The largest complaint I have with my iPads is they are NOT seamless with windows. Apple (Jobs?) had a dislike of file systems; It’s all about the apps and their data, ignoring that some data files may be used by multiple apps. Plus, whenever I use iTunes to move music to a phone or pad, it’s a struggle. For example, I ended up using Airdrop to get a large PDF onto my iPad. Nothing else worked.

My cheap older Samsung is much easier to use - I put a micro-SD card in it with my entire ePub library… but the biggest problem, again, is speed.

And whichever system you’re use to, iPad or Android, it’s a pain to figure things out in the other systems. Online is rarely helpful. iOs keeps moving options around or changing or removing them, so online help on how to do something depends on when that help page was written. meanwhile, there are enough flavours of Android that the same confusion is doubled - version and manufacturer are important.

If your phone is also Apple and you are familiar with iPad, go for it. If you use an Android phone and are familiar with that, get an Android tablet too.

If you liked the iPad I would fix or repair the iPad. iPads are good if you aren’t a user that runs into their limitations.

Other tablets may not be as smooth as the iPad and they certainly will be different; you’ll have to learn different ways to do the same things.