IRS owes me $7,000

Since this time the revenue enhancement checks only require filing returns and not actually paying taxes I decided to, yes, just this once, file a tax return this year.

Now I have a couple of advantages over most people. I’m Muslim so I get to declare two wives, both of whom just happen to be blind and over sixty-five.

Filing was a lot of work. I had to fill out forms 1040, Schedule C, and Schedule SE. The bottom line was -$7,000 since the deductions exceeded the $0 taxes I’ve paid.

Do you think I’ll ever see that money. No, neither do I. But what rankles me was having to print out the forms myself since the cheapskates no longer provide stacks and stacks of them at the post office.

That reminds me. Can I sue them for not allowing me to get the forms since you have to have an identification card to get into the federal building where the IRS office is located? Course I’d have to have the lawyer do all the suing since I can’t get into the federal building. And could I sue them for not letting me in to sue them?

And the topper? Go ahead. Audit me. I can’t get inside the building!

I’m sure there’s some point here, but I’m not sure what it is. Sign me up for a whooosh, I suppose.

I think it is: Don’t post whilst under the influence.

S’okay. They’ll come to you.

I’m overwhelmed with the possible comebacks to this comment within “Mudane Pointless Stuff I Must Share.”

WhyNot?

Ha! Wimpy Revenuers. I laugh in your general direction.

There’s a new thread in GQ about the rebate but instead of posting this there I’ll do it here.

In Russia, taxes file YOU!

You neglected to read form 1187c, paragraph 231b, which clearly states that all your wives have to be over the age of 68 and pregnant to qualify for that exemption. Therefore, according to my calculations, you now owe the IRS $13,967.32

I was about halfway though doing my return with TurboTax when I glanced up at the “estimated refund” – well over $6,000.

“Woohoo!”, thinks me…“I had expected somewere between $1,000 and $2,000, but $6,000?! Woot!”

Then I realized that when I typed in my income, it didn’t automatically parse the last two digits as being cents. It took my mid-five-figure income and made it a mid-seven-figure income. Talk about a letdown.

Hal, I would think that TurboTax using a seven-figure income instead of a five-figure income would result in more tax being owed, not a larger refund being due. Now if it had used a higher figure for your tax paid, I could see a larger refund estimate.

I had a higher taxable income than I thought I would last year, so my taxes were underpaid. Fortunately I have the money set aside to pay it, and I don’t think they’ll be any penalty because I’m still paying less than my total tax for the previous year.