Is a Miata a chick car?

A lesbian car?

He lusts after the Z4 but it’s waaaaaaaaaay out of our budget.

As for me, I didn’t much like driving the Midget or the Porsche or the first 'Vette, but the second one was a blast. The Crossfire wasn’t bad, but again, not my kind of car. Oh, and when we bought our daughter’s Beetle, she didn’t yet have her license, so he drove it for a few months. Yeah, he’s pretty secure in himself - so much so that he let the aforementioned daughter put a magnetic “I :heart: my Granddog” sign on the back. I don’t share his fanaticism for cars (I drive a Scion xA) but I still think I’ll let him stay…

If it were any more of a chick car, it would wear makeup and carry a purse.

It’s not a chick car, it’s a balding, mid-life crisis car.

It’s a chick car unless Stacy David has had a chance to work on it: Project Banshee
~400hp small block conversion.
His idea was similar to Carrol Shelby’s in turning the AC Ace into the Cobra.

Until now, I never thought a thread was aimed at me.

Until now.

Not a chick car, by the way.

What’s with the roll bars in that? What’s the point of having roll bars that are shorter than the driver?

Which Elise? The only way the miata can be better than the Elise is if you’re talking the old K series Rover Mk I Elise.

If you even have to ask such a question, I don’t think you are qualified to answer.

Yes, the Miata (MX-5 to me) is totally a chick car. Doesn’t stop it from being one of the most fun drives on the road though. I wouldn’t hesitate to own one (although I would very much prefer either the Elise or the Exige, but that’s a whole nother story)

I would second this - the problem about cars that have “presence” is that they scream to the Police “Hey You! Pig over there! Come and Catch this speeder”

Yeah - I used to drive a Celica - but the rally version, 2 litre turbo 4WD, looked as stock and grannyish as they come but could quite easily do 100mph uphill…

Sorry for the multi posting, but I have now missed the edit window - the MX5 is also the best selling sports car in the history of the world with over 900,000 units

You mean Jeremy Clarkson at 0:27? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lro9yAKpB2c