Is anyone coming to Toronto to see the Pope?

The Pope arrives here in Toronto next week on Tuesday. They say in the papers that over 300, 000 people will visit this great city for the event. Are you coming for this special occation or do you know anyone that will be attending?

And why are you coming?

If you need any assistance or local info don’t hesitate to email me more than happy to help. After all I have nothing better to do…:o

There’s a group going from my parish, but I decided I couldn’t make it - there’s too much other stuff going on.

The people are going specifically for the religious festivities, and they all hope to see the Pope.

Ummm… I don’t think this is a GQ…

In any case in answer to the subject line: There are now expected to be less people than hoped for .

Since this is a sort of survery, I’ll move this thread to IMHO.

I’ve got three people coming from Ottawa, and staying at my house. I live in east end Toronto. They’re kind of coming for WYD, and kind of coming for a pro-life demonstration. We’re also going to go restaurant-hopping. It should be lots of fun.

I don’t know whether I’ll go to the Mass- I might, but I don’t like really big crowds.

HELL NO!

The Pope can come to Tennessee & see me! :smiley:

I guess I’m going to hell, because I’m Catholic and I LIVE in Toronto, and I’m not going. Too many things to do.

Why the hell are they schlepping that feeble, ill old man around the world, when he can’t even finished a sentence without having the lie down? Are they trying to kill him, so they can elect another, younger, Pope?

That’s his choice and his style. He wants to do his job. I don’t blame him; he believes he’s supposed to do the job until he dies, so he doesn’t want to spend his time lying around not doing it, even if it means he gets an extra year of not doing it.

Why not go down fighting? I don’t see anything wrong with it.