Is Anyone Watching 1899? (No spoilers, please)

I watched the first episode last night. I’m not sure about it yet. One thing that I absolutely hate is all of the overly loud, irritating mood music throughout the show. But I’m intrigued and will watch more.

I watched the first episode. I’m not sure about it, either, but I’ll wait and see what my wife thinks.

My 17-year-old daughter says it’s dumb.

The payoff is better than Lost but not by much.

Oh boy :disappointed:

I started this thread a few weeks ago:
‘1899’, new Netflix show from the makers of ‘Dark’. Anyone watching?

I watched the first two episodes a few weeks ago. Very atmospheric but it didn’t really grab me. I haven’t watched anymore of it since.

I watched it, and it’s fine. Not great, but fine. If you like moody, mysterious shows, then it works well enough.

It’s not as good as Dark, which is the other Netflix show by the people who made 1899. Well, maybe it’s as good as season 3 of Dark. If you’ve not watched Dark, then do that first, because it’s much better, particularly the first 2 seasons.

I watched the first 2 episodes, after which I texted my brother “Is this going to get good?” To which he replied “Still waiting”. A few days later, he asked me if I finished it, but I told I stopped after the second episode.

He then texted me what happened at the end. Without spoilers, I’m glad I didn’t waste any more time on the show.

J.

I watched it till the end, and am disappointed. No spoilers? OK, I’ll blurr: when a show goes it is all a simulation and it is actually aliens or spacestuff from the future at the same time, they have not thought it through or the screenwriters are lazy and lack imagination. Waste of my time.