is august 8th too early to go back to school ?

In Arizona we got generally got out of school late in mid May and came back mid-August. Where I am now, we get out around mid June, and come back in late September (frequently the last week). There seems to be a pretty wide variance.

Huh? There were no online classes in existence when I went to college (80 to 84) and at 53 I’m hardly ready for a nursing home!

One of my college roommates had one of those fancy Apple IIe computers, and that was a rare thing at the time. I considered myself lucky to have an electric typewriter.

I’m 60, class of 1977. Still working (with computers!) In college I played Space Invaders in the basement of the science building, using command line and a dot matrix printer.

I was one of the first kids who got busted for using a computer to do
their homework

It was a ti-99 4/a …and I used it to check my math in the 4th grade my teacher realized I was improving too well too fast (or as she said “i know I’m good but not that good for a miracle”)

but we compromised as long as I shown how I did it and grandma watched me I could check the answers …

I’m only 35, and if there were online courses when I went to college at the beginning of the millennium, I certainly didn’t know about them. Our fall term ran September to Thanksgiving with all of December off, then had winter and spring terms, with no classes in the summer.

When I went back to grad school a few years ago (where I did take online classes), the Fall semester started in very late September. Winter started in January, Spring in late march/early April, and Summer in late June/early July. 11 week classes, 2 week breaks.

A couple weeks early. We typically started the Monday before labor day. We got a full week of school before the holiday.