Is having sex in a church REALLY that bad?

They should have said they were a priest and an altarboy. Then the church wouldn’t have cared and wouldn’t have made it public.

Up until now all I’ve done is browse through, but after reading this thread I HAD to register.

A friend of mine and her husband had sex in the church bathroom during Easter Service…this is disgusting, people are there to celebrate an amazing religious event and there are two people dog f*cking in the bathroom. It is absolutely appaling.

When she told me this it made my stomach flip…if a couple is so very turned on they should just stay home and not desecrate a holy place with rude and vulgar behaviour.

Count me as an atheist who thought this was horribly tasteless and offensive. I may have no need for church services myself, but this sort of attack on propriety just goes beyond the pale.

Were the DJs actually fired? Last I heard the station manager was suspended but nobody had actually lost their jobs pending an investigation. If those involved were sacked after all, I say good.

[font=1]So then what is a lay Catholic?[/font=1]

I didn’t realize this was for a contest. That’s pretty darn sacreligious.

So then what is a lay Catholic?

I didn’t realize this was for a contest. That’s pretty darn sacreligious, regardless of your affiliation… or lack thereof.

Depends who you’re having sex with!

Yeah, Omnipresent and jk1245. Opie and Anthony tried to rationalize their actions this way too. It didn’t stop them from getting fired.

Saying others are guilty of the same crime isn’t a defense.

If you have a problem with the Church, I invite you to let us all know what it is. I’m Catholic - in fact I converted to Catholicism - and I have complaints as well. But supporting blatant disrespect to people who only wanted to worship their god peacefully on a major holy day is unsupportable. It is an attack on freedom of religion, in my book. I don’t care how tingly it makes you feel.

[Hank Kingsley voice]

Fucking fuckers.

[/Hank Kingsley voice]

I fail to see how it attacked your freedom of religion moto.

You’re probably what’s considered to be a very good Catholic. These people didn’t alter that. If it did, maybe you’re not such a strong Catholic if your beliefs are so fragile as so that they can be altered by the acts of others.

Interfereing with others as they try to worship is interfering in their freedom to do so.

It’s impossible to maintain the atmosphere of contemplation and community necessary for the Mass while this sort of thing is happening. The worshippers in the church were most certainly having their freedom to worship according to their custom interfered with at that moment. This is, by the way, a violation of the law in more ways than I can count.

Whether anyone’s faith was threatened is irrelevant. What is important is their freedom to have faith and exercise it as they see fit. This was threatened, big time.

Nice username, by the way. If you’re playing at being God, you’re not doing a great job of it.

:wally

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000

The point is, treating a place that someone else views as sacred with no more respect than a by-the-hour hotel room is highly discourteous. As you grow up and mature, you will come to understand that in a civilised society, we need to be respectful of others deeply-held beliefs, even when we do not share them.

Yes, Mr. Holier-than-thou. OK. I don’t pretend to play God but, you seem to be some sort of self-appointed messenger. You seem to know it all. What, exactly did you convert FROM.

Never-mind. Don’t really care!

Much like Isaelis and Palestinians? ;j

Well, it’s not hard to be holier than thou. And pal, I am a messenger only of my own wrath.

I’ll start treating your beliefs with respect when you have beliefs worth respecting. Until that time, I will treat your pin-headed little jokes with the same disrespect you have shown me.

Tygr was right. You need to grow up.

Calm down there Mr Moto. Nowhere in my or Omnipresent’s posts did we say that we thought it was OK that this couple had sex in a church (which, BTW, there is some debate as to whether they actually did).
In any event, yes, it is stupid and childish and worthy of a disorderly conduct and lewd behavior arrest, even if they were just simulating it.

My point was that perhaps the outrage shown over this relatively minor event should be directed toward predatory priests and the people that allowed them to continue for years. Yes yes, I know, it’s a small number that is responsible, but it’s a larger group than “people who have sex in churches while on the radio”.

That said, it was also just a stupid quip. Hardly worth getting into a twist about. You may want to head to your doctor for a checkup. Knee-jerks like that are usually indicative of a larger problem.

Um…I know this is straight out of a Sam Kinison bit, but a girlfriend and I once broke into a church and did the Humpty on the altar. While I’m not going to say that it’s something that I would do regularly, it did add a little extra excitement.

[Fond memory]

Ah…Kristen. God love a P.K.

[/Fond memory]

Superdude, you never fail. :slight_smile:

Anywho, barannca, you a virgin?

Omnipresent, IMHO is not the place to pick fights or thumb your nose at other people’s belief systems.

I’m locking this off.