Is it common on the internet that people use AI to create any resources (e.g., about language orthography, history, etc.)?

I’ve heard that AI has been popular in recent years. It is often used as a tool for assistance virtually. Infact, people are now often using it to create essays. Does this apply to online resources too? I just wanted to ask, by any chance, has there baby trend of people using AI to create any resources, such as about language, history, etc.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here?

I was asking wether people create websites, resources pr anything related to info, using AI’s help

Yes they do

They’ve been doing it since long before AI was any good at it.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s changed much. It’s always been necessary to vet one’s sources when doing any sort of research. The rise in AI might have slightly increased the number of crap sources out there, but I don’t think it’s by a statistically significant amount.

I’d tag a “Yet.” onto the end of @Chronos’ excellent post.

If the OP is looking for serious published scholarship, the presence of AI-generated “content” is still negligible and with luck, diligent peer review, and aggressive honest editorial discretion by the journals will remain largely so.

For “popular press” sorts of sites I suspect the coming tsunami of utterly unvetted AI content will first outproduce 10x, then ultimately replace completely, the current folks in e.g. Pakistan knocking out clickbaity listicles and glib popularizations of topics about which the authors know or understand nearly nothing of what they’re writing about.

I saw a lyric analysis website which is obviously BS, and must be based on AI because of all its hallucinations. I can’t for the life of me remember what it was, but when I was reading it, the first verse being analyzed was from the real song, and then it just spun off into la-la land. The subsequent stanzas simply didn’t exist, didn’t make sense in the context of the song, and I double checked to make sure there wasn’t some obscure version or demo out there, but none existsed.

AH, I found it. The current page has been changed, no doubt because I wrote a comment that it sounds like AI.

Here’s the cached link.

Most people are probably not going to be familiar with the song, but the original article had this (taken from the above link):

The first quatrain quoted is, indeed, in the song. The rest? I don’t know WTF that is.

The current page looks like this, with all that extricated, as I’m sure a couple people noticed. Or maybe it was my comment, who knows. But it still has the cadence and word choice and sentence structure of AI.

The thing is, there’s also a whole biography of someone named “Jennifer Bell” who is the supposed author of this piece, obviously there just to insert a little credence to the AI glurge.

Sure, but those sources already existed, and were already crap. They’ll now be nicer-looking, much more polished crap (because ChatGPT is a lot better writer than most of those clickbait authors), but how nice and well-polished a site looks has never been a significant part of good source-vetting. And the valid, legitimate sources that existed before will also continue to exist.

Agree completely. Which is looking at the problem from the smart & careful POV.

My take on the OP’s (implicit) attitude and on most people’s aptitude is that they will neither know nor care whether what they are reading is well founded or utter tripe.

It’ll be like the political troll-wars of the last few years, but about absolutely everything.

What?

For us to believe you’re not a construct, you need to formulate your questions like a human being.

As a bonus, then we’ll know what exactly you’re asking, and can help you.

It seems clear enough. Are websites using AI to generate content? Of course they are. And it’s getting some companies in trouble because AI isn’t quite good enough to pull this off yet. CNET and Gizmodo are doing it, Sports Illustrated got caught doing it, etc.

I just lobbed a difficult language history request at ChatGTP, and it utterly failed at it.

Q:
Write a paragraph of text using only known or speculated Indo-European root words.

A:
The sun, a radiant celestial orb, bestowed warmth upon the earth, nurturing life. Beneath its luminous gaze, the verdant fields thrived, yielding sustenance for both man and beast. A river meandered through the landscape, its crystal-clear waters quenching the thirst of myriad creatures. In the heavens above, birds with vibrant plumage soared gracefully, their melodic songs echoing through the air. As dusk approached, the sky transformed into a canvas of twilight hues, enveloping the world in a serene embrace. The moon, a silver disk, emerged to illuminate the nocturnal realm, casting shadows upon the ancient forests where mysterious creatures roamed. In this harmonious dance of nature, the interconnectedness of life echoed through time, echoing the enduring legacy of our linguistic ancestry.

All the resources I put online are guaranteed to be 100% AI free!

Ever since i stopped taking my friend Alan’s advice, my writing’s are guaranteed Al-free!

I thought I had improved from before