Is it just me? [losing freedom in the USA--edited title]

Maybe typing on a phone or a fondleslab.

What freedom did you lose today? :confused:

Unless English is not your first language, your incredibly poor writing ability speaks volumes.

:dubious:

When did we ever have the right not to be photographed in public?

Amazingly, in America we still have the freedom to join together and advocate for the laws we support.

Had you thought about joining the National Motorists Association, which advocates for fair traffic laws, and opposes red light cameras?

How about the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, which supports patient access to pseudoephedrine?

You can whine about lack of freedom on a message board, or you can try to get those laws changed. There’s no guarantee that your fellow Americans are going to agree with you, but you can still make your voice heard.

When we’re in the process of commiting an illegal act, of course. It’s the Fifth Amendment. :wink:

Some Canadian cities have red light cameras.

The only problem with meth though is that meth labs tend to blow up at times. I don’t care if you want to abuse it. I do care if doing so destroys my property.

But, meth “labs” blow up at least in part as a consequence of the process being illegal.

I’ve changed the title of the topic to be a bit more specific about what the topic is about.

Eh, I post from my phone and can still be arsed to double tap the space bar to make a period at the end of a sentence. It doesn’t take that long over the course of a post. But thanks for an attempt to explain.

I would rather see the local police concentrating on more serious crime and leave traffic enforcement to the cameras. $150 seems a little high for running a red light, but not so much so as to constitute the encroachment of a police state.

But in general, I don’t see much difference between posting a police officer at an intersection, and having a traffic camera at the same intersection. Except the camera is more efficient for that specific task. YMMV, so to speak.

The restrictions on Sudafed are silly, but again, not enough to trigger any fears of a police state. Maybe it’s because meth labs are not a big problem where I live.

Look on the bright side - Coloradoans can now get baked. Maybe the Nazis are taking over, but at least they are mellow Nazis!

Regards,
Shodan

So get your doctor to prescribe the decongestants to your family. You actually can have a written prescription for what are traditionally nonprescription items. That way once a month you go to your regular pharmacy and request your monthly refills for each person by name and prescription number. You get the full required amount of decongestants for your family, and no paranoia needed because it is prescripted and legal.

A police officer can identify the driver, may fail to appear in court, and is subject to cross examination if he does. A camera can’t identify the driver–in states with rear tags only, such as mine. A camera can’t be cross examined, and is unlikely to fail to appear. From a defense point of view, cameras suck.

Not only that, the first letter of the word beginning the next sentence is also automatically capitalized.

Perhaps the OP should be pointed to that thread about what it would take to overthrow the US government. Perhaps he would make critical mass.

I believe it is enshrined in the Constitution. Somewhere in Article III, if memory serves.

Ya know, the OP’s writing style seems just a tad familiar. Or is it just me?

I hate it when someone posts something I agree with, but they are so illiterate about it that I’m ashamed to admit that I agree with them in any way.

Me too! If the OP were only more articulate. I myself remember the good ol’ days when a black man could become President of the United States, but now … Oh, wait. But I remember when women could become high-level cabinet secretaries and big-business CEOs, but now … Oh, wait a minute. Um.

Really? I did not know that. When did that happen?

Is that the stuff in Actifed? Because Actifed was banned here in Thailand a year or two ago. and yes, it was because people were making crank with it.