Is it possible for a blind person to differentiate between US currency?

Title is it, but not asking about coinage, just bills.

Thanks

ETA: Seems like there should Braille on there

The government provides free currency readers to qualified blind people. There is also an app for reading denominations of bills. Apparently, the paper used on US currency isn’t durable enough to support brail.

It’s worth noting that many other countries have designed their banknotes to be distinguishable by the visually impaired — by some embossed patterns, different sizes, different colors, high-contrast labelling, or some combination thereof. (The last two features can help people who are not completely blind but who have severe visual impairments.) Here’s a nice run-down of what other countries do.

That wouldn’t stop them from printing bills in different sizes or different colors, though, which is a common technique.

Right, so my understanding is that, with assistance, blind people fold the different denominations in different ways so they can tell them apart. I’m sure there’s other techniques but that’s the one I’m aware of.

Of course United States banknotes have the denomination in a larger size on the right side of the reverse, which might be enough for the visually impaired to recognize the number.